The Student Room Group

OCR Biology A Exam Thread (Breadth - May 26, 2016 and Depth - June 7, 2016)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 4nonymous
I think it asked why P spent more than R, I said that there was more DNA to replicate? LOL probably wrong

Yeah thats what I put lol :smile:
Original post by Desouza123
Yeah thats what I put lol :smile:

Same xD
Reply 1422
I think it asked why P spent more than R, I said that there was more DNA to replicate? LOL probably wrong

Oh i said this too!!

Yeah that's what i put as well :smile:

put that as well lol
what did people put for when they said how was there methilin-resistant bacteria,and the question after that?
Original post by Jitesh
The question about agar, did you write it was extracellular?

Yeah i put that!
Original post by Awsomedude
what did people put for when they said how was there methilin-resistant bacteria,and the question after that?

Wait, where could that be found? I thought the question for that was just asking what evidence shows that the resistance already existed before

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by haes
Oh i said this too!!

Oops I put that it made a mistake in the previous stage so it had to go back and fix it before proceeding to another stage... Damn
Original post by Firenze26
Wait, where could that be found? I thought the question for that was just asking what evidence shows that the resistance already existed before

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im sorry I meant that
Original post by Awsomedude
Im sorry I meant that

Personally, and pretty sure this was wrong, I wrote the fact that there were bacterial colonies left in the first place after the medicine was introduced showed that there were already resistant bacteria in the sample thing.

For the second one, I think it's about how the proportion changed, I wrote mitosis... yeah, don't really know why I wrote that...

Wbu?
Reply 1432
Did anyone say use a colorimeter for the improvements to accuracy
Any unofficial mark schemes?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AnnaRainbows
Oops I put that it made a mistake in the previous stage so it had to go back and fix it before proceeding to another stage... Damn

I put that too.. thought at G0 the cell could be killed???
Original post by xsrajabx
Any unofficial mark schemes?Posted from TSR Mobile

IntellectualBoss just posted one

What doyou reckon 45 /70 is gonna be
Original post by Desouza123
Cant believe I got the 1st question wrong, feel so stupid :colonhash:

Same :angry: I was going to go back and change it but ran out of time. But I feel like for most of the questions on this paper I either had to read them about 5 times to work out what they actually meant or spend ages deliberating over what answer to put.
Original post by iamDev
What doyou reckon 45 /70 is gonna be

An A ( :please: ) :lol:
I said that since it took double the amount of time it has double the amount of DNA, therefore the one that took half the time must be a haploid cell and the one that took double must be diploid

remember it is possible for haploid cells to undergo mitosis in some organisms (such as the one on the page before this question)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending