The Student Room Group

AQA German GCSE 8th June

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SophFlorence
Me too :smile:

I got those answers too. Phew! :smile:
Should be able to put on a few more answers tomorrow when we've gone through the question paper with our teacher.
Original post by Nudelauflauf
The real question is does (can't remember that girls name) buy a new pair of shoes every week?

I put not in text... Probably wrong like most of my answers :wink:
Ah right- haha! Do you mean Q8 on the reading? :smile:

Yeah :smile:
It was too easy tbh I didn't even revise LMAO
Original post by NiamhM1801
I thought that the reading was an absolute blessing, as was the listening up until the middle which was when it got tough. Did anyone else put the lorry in the middle of the road for that one about an idiot? Also did anyone else find the reading surprisingly short? I was done and dusted in half an hour!

Yeah it was well weird right? There was only like 7 questions in the reading and yeah the answer for the idiot lorry driver was there was almost an accident they tried to trap you by putting 'lorry' in an answer
Original post by bantaleg
Yeah it was well weird right? There was only like 7 questions in the reading and yeah the answer for the idiot lorry driver was there was almost an accident they tried to trap you by putting 'lorry' in an answer

Ah damn, oh well. The hall was pretty echoey so it was quite hard to hear some things, especially when they speed up towards the end of sentences
Just thought, can anyone remember what they put for the opinions on sport in listening? I seem to remember someone mountain climbing but that's about it...
Original post by NiamhM1801
Yeah :smile:

Ah, Ok. I thought the answer was: organic waste can be recycled and turned to fertilisers for use on farms.
Just thought, can anyone remember what they put for the opinions on sport in listening? I seem to remember someone mountain climbing but that's about it...

I'm pretty sure he was positive about it! He said: "Ich habe es genossen", I think!
I'm pretty sure he was positive about it! He said: "Ich habe es genossen", I think!

Yeah, I heard the same thing and wrote p. :smile:
Damn, didn't get that. I thought there was almost an accident for some reason :s-smilie:

Yes, I put that there was an accident too. It was a choice between that and a lorry blocking the road but he said something that triggered me to put an accident.

Aside from that I got pretty much all the other answers people are talking about here. The positive and negative ones were the hardest.

Anyone know the reading full last questions?
I think I got something like:

People don't know which rubbish goes into which bins.
Rubbish workers are no longer surprised to find rubbish in the wrong bins.
Toothbrushes although are made of plastic are not packaging.
People think they're helping by putting toothbrushes into yellow bins but they have to be taken out and resorted together with the non recyclable waste.

not sure if that's what i put, just what comes to mind on the questions.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jackcoys
Yes, I put that there was an accident too. It was a choice between that and a lorry blocking the road but he said something that triggered me to put an accident.

Aside from that I got pretty much all the other answers people are talking about here. The positive and negative ones were the hardest.

People think they're helping by putting toothbrushes into yellow bins but they have to be taken out and resorted together with the non recyclable waste.

That's pretty much the same as what I put, expect I put that they have to destroy the non-recyclable material: "zestoeren"- to destroy.

Then the last one was about using organic non-recyclables for making fertilisers (I think)
Damn, didn't get that. I thought there was almost an accident for some reason :s-smilie:

I put that too :\
Original post by jackcoys

It said what is the surprising reality so I thought it was just that dustbin men find the wrong rubbish in the wrong bin, not that they are no longer surprised. So I probably got that wrong too :angry:. And here was me thinking I'd done alright.
I think the questions were:
What should German people know? (Which rubbish goes in which bin)
What is the surprising reality? (Dustbin men find the wrong rubbish in the bin)
Name an example of what goes in the yellow bin. (Aluminium drinking can)
Why do some people ink they're helping? (By putting toothbrushes in the yellow bin)
Why are they not in fact helping? (Because although they are plastic they aren't packaging)
What happens to the toothbrushes after they've been sorted? (Destroyed ei other non recyclables)
What proportion of waste wasn't recycled? (A third)
What can we do to reduce the amount of non reclyclable waste? (The organic waste can be turned into fertiliser for farmers to use)

They may be wrong and the answers may definitely be wrong :s-smilie:
I think the questions were:
What should German people know? (Which rubbish goes in which bin)
What is the surprising reality? (Dustbin men find the wrong rubbish in the bin)
Name an example of what goes in the yellow bin. (Aluminium drinking can)
Why do some people ink they're helping? (By putting toothbrushes in the yellow bin)
Why are they not in fact helping? (Because although they are plastic they aren't packaging)
What happens to the toothbrushes after they've been sorted? (Destroyed ei other non recyclables)
What proportion of waste wasn't recycled? (A third)
What can we do to reduce the amount of non reclyclable waste? (The organic waste can be turned into fertiliser for farmers to use)

They may be wrong and the answers may definitely be wrong :s-smilie:

That's what I wrote
Yeah that's what I got apart from surprising reality and the last two. I know for certain I got the "What can we do to reduce the amount of non reclyclable waste?" wrong and pretty sure I got surprising reality wrong too as I pulled out a wild card. But the rest of the paper went pretty well.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by GCShElpme
You wouldn't happen to remember what you write for the second to last question, would you? I think it said something along the lines of 'What is [whatever his name was] complaining about?', and 'Why is he so upset?' (or words to that effect). Also, the one about a tablet? I think the questions were 'How does he describe the person with the tablet?' and 'What are the disadvantages of tablets?'. Much appreciated!

I think his Aunty bought him the tablet but I'm not sure what he thought about her and I think the disadvantage of the tablet was that you can't telephone people on it. Could be wrong but that was what I put.
Original post by Ruth_Hannah
I think his Aunty bought him the tablet but I'm not sure what he thought about her and I think the disadvantage of the tablet was that you can't telephone people on it. Could be wrong but that was what I put.

The opinion of his aunt was very generous (großzügig), and the disadvantage was that you can't make calls on it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending