The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TMC113
Each exam is 25% of the overall grade

how do you know they're weighted equally? 50% for AS seems a lot compared as my other alevels are more like 25% for both AS exams
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
For mine i mainly used it as A01 evidence studies and IDA points, other things i added myself including eval points of certain studies like for sleep a study was done by campbell where he shined light on the knee of Ps, and itwoke them up. I added the fact heat could have been emitted from the light pad which caused them to wake up then did prac app of using knee pads airplanes to avoid waking up by random lights.

Ahh I see, for mine I generally use the theory as AO1 and the studies, AO3 and IDA for the evaluation. That sounds really good, definitely like you've really thought about it yourself so you should get good marks for it!
Original post by bullseye1
Ahh I see, for mine I generally use the theory as AO1 and the studies, AO3 and IDA for the evaluation. That sounds really good, definitely like you've really thought about it yourself so you should get good marks for it!

I feel failry confident with this exam, its just unit 4 its so bad theres so much waffle for topics like depression and addiction.
I dont know if you would get in trouble by your teachers for purposely answering a section your school didnt learn?

I dont have any teachers for psychology i haven't since December and they don't care for A level students they have forgot we exist and focus on Btec students now as the grades for AS have been awful due to bad teaching so they have given up on A2 now
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ellawhite4686
I'm concerned I've written too much, I know that sounds stupid but i wrote 6 sides for each essay and am now concerned a lot may have just been waffle! Also I wrote so quick I'm concerned my hand writing will be illegible

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is me, 100% accuracy. Butdue to my handwriting, I type my essays because when I write in speed, it is a disaster. You should consider asking for a computer to type- it is faster too, I typed 1.7k words in half an hour so by the time I was supposed to finish 1 essay, I was half way through the other. Plus, I didn't even have to modify my answers to make them the 4 +16 marks as opposed to 24 mark essays.
:smile:
For my essays I have put together A01 + A02 from my college booklet and then I have added some extra studies for A02 and evaluation + IDA from loopa. Its a mixture of both. Would this be okay as it's not exactly the same as his?
Original post by FloralEssence
This is me, 100% accuracy. Butdue to my handwriting, I type my essays because when I write in speed, it is a disaster. You should consider asking for a computer to type- it is faster too, I typed 1.7k words in half an hour so by the time I was supposed to finish 1 essay, I was half way through the other. Plus, I didn't even have to modify my answers to make them the 4 +16 marks as opposed to 24 mark essays.
:smile:

we're only allowed computers if we have a certain learning difficulty or something for example, such as dyslexia
I dont know if you would get in trouble by your teachers for purposely answering a section your school didnt learn?

You don't, a guy last year did this and surprisingly enough, came out with top marks... my sister did this too yesterday so instead of learning obesity she did anorexia, I am pretty sure you don't get penalised for it. :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ellawhite4686
we're only allowed computers if we have a certain learning difficulty or something for example, such as dyslexia

Ah right :/ our school does it for poor handwritring too, which is quite subjective, but hey im not complaining :wink:
Original post by amyyeldham
how do you know they're weighted equally? 50% for AS seems a lot compared as my other alevels are more like 25% for both AS exams

Because they all have equal maximum UMS (100) and add up to 400 to give the overall UMS and grade. If AS was 40%, each AS would be out of 80UMS, but it's not, they're all out of 100' so they're equal

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Georginarosee
For my essays I have put together A01 + A02 from my college booklet and then I have added some extra studies for A02 and evaluation + IDA from loopa. Its a mixture of both. Would this be okay as it's not exactly the same as his?

Don't worry, I am sure it will be fine, we all do this- sometimes my class even exchange essays, i mean, there are many examiners and the content is the same anyway so... How will they know?
Reply 4051
Original post by evekay
i know:tongue: but the one i sent you was only 505!:s

That was actually really good for 500! What the **** 😂
Original post by NHM
That was actually really good for 500! What the **** 😂

haha well this is the thing! for psya3 my essays were quite short to and in the exam they were so short but i didnt have anything left to write... so i dunno how everyone writes so much! like i know i included four researchers, ao1 and evalution so yeah... maybe i'll just keep them that length? i've written 3 already today and theyre all the same length!😅
hi guys,
i was wondering if anyone knew what grade this would be:
i got an A in Unit one a B in unit two
im guessing i got a D yesterday or even an E as i answered breakdown and hardly even did gender schema a few sentences, i dont even know how that happened despite doing hours of revision :frown:
and say i got a B in unit 4
& how would i go about answering this question:
Discuss a model of prevention in addiction
Outline the theory of planned behaviour as model of prevention in addiction
do you just do theory of planend behaviour in both
thanks guys :frown: i hate myself for what i did yesterday how did i answer breakdown how
lol gonna try and learn media in a day. was taught addiction but sod doing all that.
How much would I be penalised for not mentioning more than one evolutionary explanation of aggression? I went into a lot of detail into sexual jealousy and infidelity as explanations for aggression, had at least 2 evaluative points per study (5 studies depending on whether Holt & Lewis counted, otherwise 4) and quite a bit of IDA (comparing it to other approaches... Citing practical uses and the inherent problems with evolutionary approaches to human behaviour etc.) but I completely missed the "explanations" in the question... does that mean that they disregard what I've written up to a point?

If so... wtf? xD Why penalise people for something so minor and subtle? Are they expecting students to be that sharp when they're trying to remember so many evaluative points for so many possible questions, whilst being somewhat nervous/anxious? It feels a bit cheap to me, but this is my only essay-based subject xD
Reply 4056
Okay so my plan for the day is to memorise three depression essays (bio explanation, psych explanations and Psych therapies) and then look over clinical characteristics of depression which could come up as a 4 marker.
Original post by TrojanH
lol gonna try and learn media in a day. was taught addiction but sod doing all that.

I'm doing this i haven't been taught any so might as well choose media myself 😂
Does anyone have any essays for Media or Depression?
lol learning these essays for schizophrenia is making me diagnose myself with it because i defiantly have avolition (the loss of motivation) especially after that PSYA3 exam

Latest

Trending

Trending