Reply 1
Literally screwed if that comes up
Original post by Ol2
Literally screwed if that comes up

I haven't revised it so praying the other one isn't human activities either
Reply 3
Original post by Elliehowarth97
I haven't revised it so praying the other one isn't human activities either

Omg same, human activities came up last year so hoping it doesn't come up again!😬
Reply 4
How could you get 25 marks on the coast questions they were far to specific 😩

Asses how human activities effect the coastal environment

Examine how depositional coastal landforms are created

Something along them lines I think
Reply 5
Original post by Itzjamiem

Which one did you do?
Original post by Itzjamiem

i did the second one, and i wrote about spits and salt marshes, and i wrote about traction for spits and hydraulic action for salt marshes (my mind went blank and i couldnt think of any other depostional processes) and as it said examine in the question, i concluded that traction moves and deposits the most sediment so it's more important

how did you find it overall? it was the longest exam ive ever done so my hand is killing me
Reply 7
Original post by jennycerris
i did the second one, and i wrote about spits and salt marshes, and i wrote about traction for spits and hydraulic action for salt marshes (my mind went blank and i couldnt think of any other depostional processes) and as it said examine in the question, i concluded that traction moves and deposits the most sediment so it's more important

how did you find it overall? it was the longest exam ive ever done so my hand is killing me

Yeah I did the one on deposition too. I talked about spits,bars,tombolos,cuspate forelands and a little bit about salt marshes. I talked about longshore drift,suspension etc but I ran out of time tbh.
I thought it was ok overall,the development question was quite nice, I needed more time though tbh😏
How did you find it??
Original post by Ol2
Yeah I did the one on deposition too. I talked about spits,bars,tombolos,cuspate forelands and a little bit about salt marshes. I talked about longshore drift,suspension etc but I ran out of time tbh.
I thought it was ok overall,the development question was quite nice, I needed more time though tbh😏
How did you find it??

i did lots of detail on two aspects and an entire page drawing of the holderness coastline, i did china for the second question and i finished just in time, all in all wasnt too bad of an exam, they could have and have done worse in the past
on average you need 50 or low 50s out of 75 for an A so i think i got that, or at least a B
Reply 9
i did lots of detail on two aspects and an entire page drawing of the holderness coastline, i did china for the second question and i finished just in time, all in all wasnt too bad of an exam, they could have and have done worse in the past
on average you need 50 or low 50s out of 75 for an A so i think i got that, or at least a B

I did a fair bit of detail on holderness and drew spurnhead as well. I didn't realise it was 50 for an A😱 That's not too bad, aslong as I get a B I'll be happy though
Reply 10
Are you sure it's about 50 for an A? I thought it was about 60??
Original post by Ol2

https://www.wjecservices.co.uk/MarkToUMS/
2015: 50 marks
2014: 50 marks
2013: 53 marks
2012: 54 marks
2011: 50 marks
Reply 12
Original post by Ol2

It was 50 out of 75 raw marks for an A last year. I reckon grade boundaries might be slightly higher this year.
Reply 13

Completely agree, it felt like such a long exam. Must have wrote about 25 pages, my hand was in bits at the end! I went for deposition as well, I thought the other question looked too risky.
Reply 14
Original post by DBR247
It was 50 out of 75 raw marks for an A last year. I reckon grade boundaries might be slightly higher this year.

Oh that's not bad,do you know how many marks it was for a B/ how many do you think it will be for a B this year?

Thanks
Original post by DBR247
Completely agree, it felt like such a long exam. Must have wrote about 25 pages, my hand was in bits at the end! I went for deposition as well, I thought the other question looked too risky.

25 pages? i wrote about 5 and a half! my hand writing is small though

i also put the link to the marks to ums grade boundaries in my last reply but it hasnt been moderated yet, if you google wjec grade boundaries it's the first link
Reply 16
25 pages? i wrote about 5 and a half! my hand writing is small though

i also put the link to the marks to ums grade boundaries in my last reply but it hasnt been moderated yet, if you google wjec grade boundaries it's the first link

I filled in the whole of the first answer booklet and about 30% of the second. It seems strange how grade boundaries have remained constant for G3, despite percentages getting top grades falling year on year.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending