The Student Room Group

Can I still do Math at University even though...

Would I be able to do Maths at University with A's in Maths and Further Maths at AS but a D grade in Physics? I've just done (most of) my AS exams, two of which were my two Physics papers. My grade in Physics has been alternating between C and D for some time now and I'm not too confidant that I've passed. I know that universities look at your AS results and that they lead to you (not) getting your desired course. I want to do Mathematics at University at a Master's level and I'm on route to getting A's in all of my Math modules, including Further Maths. The requirements of the course are A*A*A, and says that Further Maths is not necessary but is desired.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Faiyaz1998
Would I be able to do Maths at University with A's in Maths and Further Maths at AS but a D grade in Physics? I've just done (most of) my AS exams, two of which were my two Physics papers. My grade in Physics has been alternating between C and D for some time now and I'm not too confidant that I've passed. I know that universities look at your AS results and that they lead to you (not) getting your desired course. I want to do Mathematics at University at a Master's level and I'm on route to getting A's in all of my Math modules, including Further Maths. The requirements of the course are A*A*A, and says that Further Maths is not necessary but is desired.

Will depend on the uni. In all honesty, sounds pretty detrimental to getting an offer from any top uni. It would be okay if you had AAAD or AABD, but AAD is a bit of a problem. Best bet would be emailing whatever university you have in mind for advice.

Quick Reply

Latest