The Student Room Group

Should i do an all nighter (AS Chem tomorow?

Edit: title is meant to say AS Chem today

I was meant to fall asleep to wake up at 6 like 2 hours ago but i cant sleep ffs.

Its an afternoon exam and i want to get as much practice as possible but idk man exams have got me so stressed that i cant even sleep.

Tbh i will probably fall asleep after posting this

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
if you get 7+ hrs of sleep sure
Reply 2
I'm with you doing an all nighter! Sleeping at 3am. Idk what time to wake up though. OCR A?

How about 5 hours of sleep?
(edited 7 years ago)
Revising from now to the chemistry exam for the next 12 hours will be such a mission, your tiredness will distract you. You may get rly tired in the middle of the exam and being tired makes you more irritable and stressed while revising (well it does for me anyways). You should get some sleep and focus on de-stressing bc that would probably be more beneficial
Reply 4
No.

No.

No.

Go to bed + wake up early. - That's what I'm doing. You don't want all your hard work to go to waste. Just switch off your phone + even if you don't get any proper sleep then lying down, resting in bed helps a lot with exhaustion too + kindaa feels the same.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I have AS chem tomorrow afternoon too
Just sleep man turn everything off and let yourself drift off
Set 100 alarms if you need to and write down what you are going to revise when you wake up at 6am so you know timing is no problem and it'll stop your brain from freaking out.

It'll be fine.
Reply 6
Original post by RasputinReborn
All Chemistry exams for all exam boards are at the same time and day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I never knew.
Reply 7
Tbh, your probably going to have a lot of people tell you not to do an all nighter and to revise a little and then go to bed, my advice, if you think you can do it, then okay, but get some sleep at the very least, even 3 hours, at least thats one sleep cycle, if you've not use to all nighters for exams though and are usually more prepared and stuff, maybe its not the best idea?
Is it AQA Chem and is it Unit 1 or 2?
Reply 8
Original post by Cherx
I'm with you doing an all nighter! Sleeping at 3am. Idk what time to wake up though. OCR A?

No do nottttt do that
Nope
No all nighters
You will actually compromise your health, fall asleep in the exam, and prob end up losing a lot more marks on silly mistakes than you normally would.

Never a good idea.
Sleep and wake up in 2-3 hours if you really need to.
Reply 9
Original post by z33
No do nottttt do that
Nope
No all nighters
You will actually compromise your health, fall asleep in the exam, and prob end up losing a lot more marks on silly mistakes than you normally would.

Never a good idea.
Sleep and wake up in 2-3 hours if you really need to.

It's not an all nighter I will sleep at 3am and wake up at 8am. I haven't revised any content. So in a sense I need to do this. If OP has revised a lot and feels good then yeah go ahead and sleep. But if you know you're screwed then I guess it's better to sacrifice a bit of sleep. I will feel happier knowing that I have learnt new content.
Reply 10
Original post by Cherx

I've done well with 5hrs, but I wouldn't say it's a good idea. Better to get more if you can. But never lose out on sleep for the sake of revising, only if it's inevitable and you're in bed nervous.
Reply 11
Original post by Yua
I've done well with 5hrs, but I wouldn't say it's a good idea. Better to get more if you can. But never lose out on sleep for the sake of revising, only if it's inevitable and you're in bed nervous.

Yeah I'm going to stick with 5 hours then. Besides it's my last exam.. Probably why I revised the least.
Reply 12
Original post by Cherx

You know an all nighter is where you stay up, wait for it, all night. Good luck.
Omg I am so scared for exam I can't sleep either I wanted to be so much more prepared than I am. My alarm is set for 4:30 fml
Original post by alevelsarepoo
My alarm is set for 4:30 fml

Oh dear.

Mine is set for 6:00...but I might change it to 6:15 bc it feels better.

AQA?

Good luck. 🍀 🍀

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by B_9710
You know an all nighter is where you stay up, wait for it, all night. Good luck.

Lmao that's the right way to fall asleep in an exam. And fail.
Reply 16
Original post by Anon_98
Oh dear.

Mine is set for 6:00...but I might change it to 6:15 bc it feels better.

AQA?

Good luck. 🍀 🍀

Posted from TSR Mobile

But then you're only getting 4 hours of sleep :eek:
Reply 17
Original post by Cherx
But then you're only getting 4 hours of sleep :eek:

What time you got your alarm set for?
Reply 18
Original post by B_9710
What time you got your alarm set for?

8am.. Don't think I could deal with any less sleep and I'm also fasting.
Reply 19
Original post by Cherx
8am.. Don't think I could deal with any less sleep and I'm also fasting.

I get up around 8 for exams. Have about 10 alarms set.

Quick Reply

Latest