The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4520
Original post by Marli-Ruth
Lol AQA are actual *****

Are you learning everything?
I'm trying too 😪

Yeah its looking ok so far I have 1 media book to go through and then about 7 essays to make. I have something like 16 essays to go through and research methods :/ but I'm planning on cutting some corners with research methods so hopefully I can get that out of the way in a day!
Reply 4521
Original post by babitajades
The layout for 4/4 answer (which I got) is this;

DSM model splits symptoms into 2; positive and negative.
Outline the positive & negative and give examples.
signs of disturbance much persist for at least 6 months, and at least one month where symptoms are experienced
Other factors must be rules out; drugs and brain tumours as they produce similar symptoms of sz.

Remember it's only a 4 marker so you don't need to write too much.

Yeah just say the current diagnosis systems currently in use are the DSM-IV and the ICD-10. There are positive and negative clinical characteristics and then just outline a few ( 2 positive + 2 negative)
Reply 4522
Mark scheme for the original paper if anyone else wants it.
Original post by NHM
Yeah its looking ok so far I have 1 media book to go through and then about 7 essays to make. I have something like 16 essays to go through and research methods :/ but I'm planning on cutting some corners with research methods so hopefully I can get that out of the way in a day!

This has been posted before, but use this document for research methods revision. I hadn't done research methods AT ALL before yesterday and in 1.5 days I'm fine with it. Just summarise the info on flashcards (lol I have like 50 flashcards now), use colors and shite to order it well. By the time you're done you won't even need to go over the flashcards.

How the fek are you gonna cut corners haha?
ALSO guys do we need to know how to FIND Spearman's Rho, Chi-squared, Mann-Whitney U and Wilcoxon T? Like actually work them out? Or just when we need to use them?
Reply 4525
Original post by кяя
This has been posted before, but use this document for research methods revision. I hadn't done research methods AT ALL before yesterday and in 1.5 days I'm fine with it. Just summarise the info on flashcards (lol I have like 50 flashcards now), use colors and shite to order it well. By the time you're done you won't even need to go over the flashcards.

I did a resit for unit 1 so I'm just gonna breifly go over them and do the new stuff :tongue:
hi does anybody have any useful anomalistic notes? stressing!! thank you xx
How are people revising for media??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by skytrenfield

Posted from TSR Mobile

Flashcards for studies, writing out potential application questions, etc. Not gonna rely fully on Loopa this time as Media can have more questions and they can mix it up a bit. Plus AQA gave us a gender schema question which came up really recently so they've shown that they can be lil bishes and catch us out.

So yeah, flashcards, a hysterical crying session here and there, and more flashcards.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4529
Original post by skytrenfield

Posted from TSR Mobile

Putting all the content into a 10 marker :-) then annotating and flash cards :-)
I wasted all my fking flashcards on this stupid fking subject, now wtf am I supposed to use for maths revision? Fuk my life I'm gonna have to make my own flimsy paper flashcards and then accidentally poke holes through them or turn them into soggy toilet paper with my heavy use of highlighters FUK IT
Is coding the same thing as operationalizing?

PDF says: "This is a way of identifying categories, themes, phrases or keywords that may be found in any set of data. This is done to help refine the researcher’s findings, and help them be more objective in their approach."
When doing a question on the issues surrounding classification and diagnosis of SZ, do you still need to describe what SZ is and go through the DSM and the ICD and stuff? Also could they give you a full question based on just the diagnostic criteria?
Reply 4533
Original post by кяя
Is coding the same thing as operationalizing?

PDF says: "This is a way of identifying categories, themes, phrases or keywords that may be found in any set of data. This is done to help refine the researcher’s findings, and help them be more objective in their approach."

No coding is an observation through the media I think, it's when you turn qualitative data into quantative data by putting it into coding units... I think that's what it is anyway 😂😂I may be wrong
Reply 4534
Original post by NHM
No coding is an observation through the media I think, it's when you turn qualitative data into quantative data by putting it into coding units... I think that's what it is anyway 😂😂I may be wrong

Oh wait that's a content analysis fml
Original post by кяя

Hey? What document are you referring to? 🤔
I'm starting my research methods revision today- do you think I'll be able to finish it in a day? ^.^
Does anyone know if this would be enough for a 4marker on media influences on pro-social behaviour? image.jpeg
Original post by кяя
Flashcards for studies, writing out potential application questions, etc. Not gonna rely fully on Loopa this time as Media can have more questions and they can mix it up a bit. Plus AQA gave us a gender schema question which came up really recently so they've shown that they can be lil bishes and catch us out.

So yeah, flashcards, a hysterical crying session here and there, and more flashcards.

Posted from TSR Mobile

a hysterical crying session AHAHAHAAHAH!!!!!! was aiming for an A, now aiming for a B :frown:
Reply 4538
[QUOTE="SureyaWP;65666921"]Does anyone know if this would be enough for a 4marker on media influences on pro-social behaviour? image.jpeg[/QUOTE
Looks good to me :-)
Reply 4539
Guys for media looking at past papers the questions go like this...

1. Anti social/ prosocial behaviour/ video games + computers (anti social behaviour has been on 3 times in a row- so expect something prosocial)
2. Persuasion
3.Celebrity

Latest

Trending

Trending