Reply 4600
Original post by Marli-Ruth
How likely is Classif and Diag in Sz?
I quite like that essay

Need to brush up on my media and research methods

I honestly don't know cause they repeat the same content so much in unit 4 :/
Original post by BethM98
I feel you, its on the designing experiments where I screw up :frown:

omg how do you even do them? I know the order and I found a good way to remember them
Original post by loveleest
omg how do you even do them? I know the order and I found a good way to remember them

how do you remember them? ive tried doing one from a past paper and It didn't go down great hahaha
Original post by BethM98
how do you remember them? ive tried doing one from a past paper and It didn't go down great hahaha

Alien (abstract)
In (Introduction)
My (Method)
Room (Results
Doesn't (Discussion)
Read( references)
A lot (Appendix)

If that's the one you are talking about?
Original post by BethM98
I've been relying on this guy for my essays on schiz, ive read them through and they seem pretty good
https://marcotheman.wordpress.com/author/marcotheman/

thank you :biggrin:
Alien (abstract)
In (Introduction)
My (Method)
Room (Results
Doesn't (Discussion)
Read( references)
A lot (Appendix)

If that's the one you are talking about?

yeah just how to remember the design!! that's really helpful thaaanks :smile:
Original post by BethM98
yeah just how to remember the design!! that's really helpful thaaanks :smile:

haha, it's okay but can you give me an example of how they might ask this question because I have no idea
essay on research into celeb worship anyone ?? :frown: I have got the rest but not this topic!
People doing depression...
For biological explanations they are likely to ask "discuss two or more biological explanations for depression" right?
So, can I just literally learn genetic factors and neurotransmitter dysfunction. Instead of wasting my time and also making notes on cortisol hyper secretion. Just seems pointless when I could spend most time learning the first two properly without having to learn the last one and my brain being in overload
Original post by Kellypom
People doing depression...
For biological explanations they are likely to ask "discuss two or more biological explanations for depression" right?
So, can I just literally learn genetic factors and neurotransmitter dysfunction. Instead of wasting my time and also making notes on cortisol hyper secretion. Just seems pointless when I could spend most time learning the first two properly without having to learn the last one and my brain being in overload

We were only taught Genetic and Monoamine hypothesis so yeah
can someone help me with addiction:frown:
How many ao2 points do we need for 24 marker on depression? ?????
Original post by Onica
One problem that I've stated is problems with reliability. In that I talk about problems with inter-rater reliability diagnosis and test-retest diagnosis. I've also stated that reliability has however improved with updated classification system such as DSM and ICD. For reaserch, I've included one to support the fact that diagnosis had improved with updated classification system and have another one by Read et al to support problems in inter- rater diagnosis.

For validity, I have stated that there may be problems with predictive validity, descriptive validity and aetiologocal validity. I've included a study by Rosenhan to support this.

I've included cultural bias issues and used a study by Cochrane.
I also have issues such as co-morbidly and used a study by Buckley.

I've included additional points like the fact that diagnosis relies self-report so It may not be accurate. However, I have stated that although there are problems with reliably, it is however much superior than other classifications of disorders such as for anxiety it's 63% whereas for schizophrenia it is 81% but I'll stick that in the reliability paragraph.

My teacher said use only 3 studies and one overall point for 24 marks.

thanks!
haha, it's okay but can you give me an example of how they might ask this question because I have no idea

I don't know really, I mean in 2012 they asked this as part of a Q

Design a study to test whether there is a difference in the musical ability of left-handed students and right-handed students. You have access to a sixth form of 200 students.You should:
identify the design that you would use
explain an appropriate sampling method and justify your choice
describe the procedure that you would use, including details of how you would assess musical ability
write a suitable debrief for these participants.

I just find it hard on questions where you have to apply knowledge to situations like these
Guys does this essay look like it could be 24/24 marks?

www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=157265
Original post by BethM98
I don't know really, I mean in 2012 they asked this as part of a Q

Design a study to test whether there is a difference in the musical ability of left-handed students and right-handed students. You have access to a sixth form of 200 students.You should:
identify the design that you would use
explain an appropriate sampling method and justify your choice
describe the procedure that you would use, including details of how you would assess musical ability
write a suitable debrief for these participants.

I just find it hard on questions where you have to apply knowledge to situations like these

I am so f*cked if they ask a design your own study question. I JUST learned research methods how the fk am I supposed to remember all that AND APPLY IT?
can someone send me their issues with the classification of depression essay?
Original post by BethM98
I've been relying on this guy for my essays on schiz, ive read them through and they seem pretty good
https://marcotheman.wordpress.com/author/marcotheman/

YOU'RE ACTUALLY MY HERO WOW

any idea on how to go about media then considering its like 4-12 mark questions only and loopa write all the essays out as 24 markers??
Can someone explain to me the thing about low levels of serotonin causing depression and that the ssri's block the reuptake of this so it stays longer in the synapse. My teacher got us to draw a diagram of what she drew and I don't really understand it lol
Original post by babitajades
The layout for 4/4 answer (which I got) is this;

DSM model splits symptoms into 2; positive and negative.
Outline the positive & negative and give examples.
signs of disturbance much persist for at least 6 months, and at least one month where symptoms are experienced
Other factors must be rules out; drugs and brain tumours as they produce similar symptoms of sz.

Remember it's only a 4 marker so you don't need to write too much.

Original post by NHM
Yeah just say the current diagnosis systems currently in use are the DSM-IV and the ICD-10. There are positive and negative clinical characteristics and then just outline a few ( 2 positive + 2 negative)

Thanks a lot guys! So basically should I also list all symptoms?

Latest

Trending

Trending