The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hey anyone doing media psychology, just wondering how you're revising for it...Thank you
Original post by xo_jaina_xo
Hey anyone doing media psychology, just wondering how you're revising for it...Thank you

I am, I'm making mind-maps of general points and then looking back at PPQs to see if i can apply the stuff to them. I'd do something more creative but i dont have time with three exams all coming up at the same time :/
Hey guys, in media questions when they say 'discuss research' so like 'discuss research in to celebrity stalking' are you meant to include a01 in this answer? Or is it meant to be outline the research, like Maltby, and then evaluate the reserach, so like methodological criticisms? Thank you :smile:
Original post by wickedisgood
I am, I'm making mind-maps of general points and then looking back at PPQs to see if i can apply the stuff to them. I'd do something more creative but i dont have time with three exams all coming up at the same time :/

Ohh okay thank you! Are you learning all the points for everything or like enough to answer a 4+8 on everything? I have three exams this week as well :'(
These are the predicted schizo essays i adapted from loopa: Issues surrounding classification, behavioural explanation, behavioural therapy (token economies), cognitive explanation and CBT theres no doubt to be a **** load of spelling errors but enjoy! Also let me know if i've made any mistakes in it, after all I don't want to memorise something thats wrong haha
Original post by evekay
when's results day?

18th August
Original post by xo_jaina_xo
Ohh okay thank you! Are you learning all the points for everything or like enough to answer a 4+8 on everything? I have three exams this week as well :'(

Definitely just enough to answer the questions, like I am doing my best to keep things as minimal as possible lmao. Good luck though in them though! I think a lot of people have the same situation so we'll all have to get through it together hah
Original post by wickedisgood
Definitely just enough to answer the questions, like I am doing my best to keep things as minimal as possible lmao. Good luck though in them though! I think a lot of people have the same situation so we'll all have to get through it together hah

Haha awesome thank you so much for your help! Good luck to you too!! Haha at least they'll be over soon! Thanks again!
Original post by KingPap
did they do the normal paper or r paper last year?

Most schools did the replacement paper but some did the original because they couldn't swap in time

Posted from TSR Mobile
Which topics have you guys revised/ focused on for schizphrenia?
And media?
Would anybody mind marking a 4 mark AO1 question for me on the media influences on addictive behaviour? Would be greatly appreciated :smile:
What is content analysis and how can you use it in a study?
Original post by NHM
The thing is... If they did it would be so predictable (due to papers been taken last year)

So I don't think it will be.

Soo another 8+16 biological explanation :smile:
Reply 4953
does anyone have an essay on issues with classification and diagnosis of phobias? I really need help with structure :frown:
How do you structure answers that talk about discussing research? ''e.g. discuss research into stalking''? Is the ao1 outlining studies and ao2 evaluating it methodologically like at AS? i'm confusing myself :/
I got 174 ums last year an A grade, I said on results day I am going to go for the A*, now I am probably gona be lucky to get a B :frown:
PLEASE HELP!

FOR statistical tests to what extent do we have to know them?Just how to identify them when given some data or do we have to know more?
Reply 4957
Original post by Hihihi123
PLEASE HELP!

FOR statistical tests to what extent do we have to know them?Just how to identify them when given some data or do we have to know more?

sometimes you might be given a study and have to identify an appropriate statistical test to use, also if it's a design question they might sometimes ask to identify which statistical test you use in your study but that will depend on the experimental design you use and how you record the data etc.
Reply 4958
Original post by Mesosleepy
Soo another 8+16 biological explanation :smile:

Probably I'm thinking... It's gonna be split on bio therapies/ explanations or just a straight classification and diagnosis one.
For depression there are 3 psychological explanations for it. Can I just make notes and revise 2, for example cognitive factors and sociocultural factors instead of brain overload learning 3 when only 2 explanations are required at minimum in exam

Latest

Trending

Trending