The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by кяя
Guys do you think we could be asked to evaluate the Hovland-Yale or Elaboration Likelihood model? Or just outline or apply?

Just outline or apply
Original post by yung7up
Of course yes, cut it very short though i only have wednesday and tuesday to revise. wbu?

Yeah in need of major cramming on Wednesday. I've been fo using more on chemistry and psychology so I hope it goes ok 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5022
Original post by кяя
Guys do you think we could be asked to evaluate the Hovland-Yale or Elaboration Likelihood model? Or just outline or apply?

You have to use supporting research to get into the top band, but only outline.
Original post by Marli-Ruth
Mmmm but trying to learn everything for psay4 is so difficult 😭😭

omg ikr! i feel like there's way more info....i'm gonna have to pull an all nighter for this one :frown: and i've got chemistry afterwards as well :frown:
Can anyone tell me what grade and how many UMS points I need to get in each paper (psya3 & 4) and overall to achieve an A in Psychology A Level? Last year I got 165 UMS overall, which is just over an A. I am assuming I need to get a high B or a low A this year to get an A overall, can anyone tell me the UMS I need this year to get an A? I know grade boundaries change but just a rough estimate is good, based on last years paper is fine. Thanks
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by issie1234
Does anyone have any specific, unique ways to remember inferential tests? and how much do we actually have to know for them? (incompetent teacher)

All you have to rememebr is which one would you use from the information they've given you in the stem.

For the 4 methods, anything that includes the letter R means that the critical value has to be GREATER than the significance value that's given in the table.

All the methods are used for research that's looking for a Difference besides Spearmans Rho which is used for research looking for a Relationship. The way I use remember this is someone throwing a 'spear' so creating a link between 2 things and so a Relarionship.

Data comes from either the same person (repeated) or form 2 different sources (independent)

SR- Repeated measure
CS- Independent
MW- Independent
WC- Repeated

To remember this I just remeber the ones that are independent. Chi square as a rectangle so 4 sides so Data comes from different sources "sides"
Man Whitney I think of as "man and wife" so again 2 different sources of data.

Level of data

SR- Ordinal (taking a score)
CS- Nominal (putting into categories)
MW- Ordinal/interval
WC- ordinal/ interval
spear mans RhO ends with O so ordinal. And just rememebr Chinsquare as a rectangle which can be drawn like a table and so can be used to categorise. Everything else is ordinal/interval.

That's all you need to know for the statistical tests. I know it's long winded and weird but that's the method I use and that's how everything sticks in my head and it works! (For me xD) if you've gotten this far and are struggling then it wouldn't hurt to give it a try. This is the last time I'll probably be posting on this discussion, so good luck to y'all! You'll do great! :smile:
Original post by Elle_w
Yeah in need of major cramming on Wednesday. I've been fo using more on chemistry and psychology so I hope it goes ok 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah chemistry im pretty much there with just keep dropping silly marks for not reading the q properly!! AQA for chem or...?
can the marks for section B be more than 4+6 marks? I don't think ill learn all the evaluation points on time :frown:
Guys for media application questions are split a01 and application right

the application marks would be referring to the stem, so would including research for the different factors e.g credibility, appearance all that be a01 too?
Original post by babitajades
All you have to rememebr is which one would you use from the information they've given you in the stem.

For the 4 methods, anything that includes the letter R means that the critical value has to be GREATER than the significance value that's given in the table.

All the methods are used for research that's looking for a Difference besides Spearmans Rho which is used for research looking for a Relationship. The way I use remember this is someone throwing a 'spear' so creating a link between 2 things and so a Relarionship.

Data comes from either the same person (repeated) or form 2 different sources (independent)

SR- Repeated measure
CS- Independent
MW- Independent
WC- Repeated

To remember this I just remeber the ones that are independent. Chi square as a rectangle so 4 sides so Data comes from different sources "sides"
Man Whitney I think of as "man and wife" so again 2 different sources of data.

Level of data

SR- Ordinal (taking a score)
CS- Nominal (putting into categories)
MW- Ordinal/interval
WC- ordinal/ interval
spear mans RhO ends with O so ordinal. And just rememebr Chinsquare as a rectangle which can be drawn like a table and so can be used to categorise. Everything else is ordinal/interval.

That's all you need to know for the statistical tests. I know it's long winded and weird but that's the method I use and that's how everything sticks in my head and it works! (For me xD) if you've gotten this far and are struggling then it wouldn't hurt to give it a try. This is the last time I'll probably be posting on this discussion, so good luck to y'all! You'll do great! :smile:

How do I remember all the different types of validity and reliabiity tests :frown: i dont understand :frown:
Guys do you think if I just revise:

- Media influences on prosocial behaviour
- Negative effects of video games
- Positive effects of video games
- Hovland-Yale model
- Psychological explanations for the attraction of celebrity

I'll be safe? There's WAY too much for me to revise it all D:
Original post by violetvictorious
How do I remember all the different types of validity and reliabiity tests :frown: i dont understand :frown:

And I still don't know what validity + reliability are and how they differ DESPITE HOURS OF REVISION wtf
Does anyone have an idea on how long you're meant to spend on each section?
Original post by violetvictorious

Hahah for that I dont have a special way of remembering for that. I find it tricky too but there are a few example online to separate the2. The only thing I can say is try to understand it instead of just memorising cause then you'll be able to rememebr it.
Original post by mattmcl98

One hour in Research methods and 30min for each in the rest. Sh*t I just realised that the exam is 2hrs. Dammit. But usually for me research methods never takes me a full hour so I always make sure I spend more time on the first section so I can finish my essay as I'm prepared for sz the most than any other sections.
One hour in Research methods and 30min for each in the rest. Sh*t I just realised that the exam is 2hrs. Dammit. But usually for me research methods never takes me a full hour so I always make sure I spend more time on the first section so I can finish my essay as I'm prepared for sz the most than any other sections.

Thank you!
Original post by mattmcl98

F*CK I forgot it's 2 hrs. What the hell could they ask us for research methods so we have to spend an hour? Damn it it's my worst prepared section I'm so screwed I know nothing :frown:
Original post by кяя
F*CK I forgot it's 2 hrs. What the hell could they ask us for research methods so we have to spend an hour? Damn it it's my worst prepared section I'm so screwed I know nothing :frown:

Hahaha ya I only remembered that when I was tying too. Don't panic! Honestly speaking- I've literally just sat down and started revising research method. Only thing I know if the statistical test. Try and revsie what ever you find the hardest today and then go over the easiest ones that's left tomorrow so that you can spend the rest of the day going over everything as a whole... Me on ther other hand I still have parts of addiction to finish :frown:
Reply 5039
I'm gonna spend an hour on my sz essay rather than research methods... I don't know why we get so long :/

Latest

Trending

Trending