The Student Room Group

Ccea chemistry A2 unit 1 2016 victims thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Alerdo
I honestly think this years paper was more difficult than last years, by a good bit.
I didn't get either of the equations for the potassium chloroethanoate that question was horrible!

OMG! same! thanks for saying that, i was beginning to think everyone thought it was sort of hard but i found it really, really hard and so far one of my hardest exams considering I like chemistry and therefore do quite well in it :colondollar:

yeh, i was really annoyed with that equation question, i didnt get it either. they were worth only one mark each so i thought they had to be easy so i spent quite a while on them and ate into the rest of my exam time, for nothing!!!!
Reply 61
Original post by CERC
OMG! same! thanks for saying that, i was beginning to think everyone thought it was sort of hard but i found it really, really hard and so far one of my hardest exams considering I like chemistry and therefore do quite well in it :colondollar:

yeh, i was really annoyed with that equation question, i didnt get it either. they were worth only one mark each so i thought they had to be easy so i spent quite a while on them and ate into the rest of my exam time, for nothing!!!!

You know what else ate into my time? The rate constant question as I got confused about the units! I don't think I did it right.
Reply 62
Original post by Alerdo
You know what else ate into my time? The rate constant question as I got confused about the units! I don't think I did it right.

what question was this? i sort of forget them now!
Reply 63
Original post by CERC
what question was this? i sort of forget them now!

It was some organic cyclic complaint with a reactant in equilibrium, and it asked about temperature affecting Kc I think. But the units were funny and it threw me, I thought it was a trick and was supposed to be Kc for the reverse reaction.
How did everyone think unit 2 went?
Reply 65
Original post by Medicine2016app
How did everyone think unit 2 went?

I was so happy with it! It wasnt bad at all!

However, everyone will score very well and that means because it was quite easy it will level out the first one which was astrocious!

I really hope I can still get an A though!

what did you think about it?
Reply 66
I thought it was a good exam but I made two silly mistakes with the multiple choice questions which annoys me. Hopefully I still did well enough to get a good mark. The A* boundary will be pretty high with how everyone thought it was a good exam.
Reply 67
Just talking about the multiple choice,
Does anyone remember what they got for the isomeric secondary amine rmm 73 question ??
Original post by CCG88
Does anyone remember what they got for the isomeric secondary amine rmm 73 question ??

Yeah I got 3, there are at least that many.
Very easy test though, we literally came out cheering- I'm thinking 105-110 for an A*.
Did everyone remember to put blue to brown for the colour change of the redox with copper
Reply 69
Original post by Nathanbh321
Yeah I got 3, there are at least that many.
Very easy test though, we literally came out cheering- I'm thinking 105-110 for an A*.
Did everyone remember to put blue to brown for the colour change of the redox with copper

Yeah I got 3 too :biggrin: After the last one I was dreading it, but I genuinely don't think we could have gotten a better paper. Yeah that's the only downside, the grade boundaries will be sky high lol. No my mind had melted by that stage and after 2 hours sleep I wrote blue to black !! But i think it was only 1 mark so it's not just as bad..for the last question did anyone put the answer in grams or kg..I converted it to grams..not sure if it matters ??
It wanted it in mg, it'll definitely be worth a mark. I think it was about 600mg or so. Drawing the NO2 group with all bonds on the benzene diazonium ion was hard enough, did it ask for the salt or just the ion?
Reply 71
Original post by Nathanbh321
It wanted it in mg, it'll definitely be worth a mark. I think it was about 600mg or so. Drawing the NO2 group with all bonds on the benzene diazonium ion was hard enough, did it ask for the salt or just the ion?

I know I've made a few silly mistakes but nothing too serious. I think I got 594 or something like that, so maybe I did put it in mg..who knows lol..I think it was just the ion they wanted
Original post by CCG88
I know I've made a few silly mistakes but nothing too serious. I think I got 594 or something like that, so maybe I did put it in mg..who knows lol..I think it was just the ion they wanted

The question did say it wanted all the bonds attatched to the nitrogen atoms did it not just worried as to whether it was the chlorine salt or the ion the wated
Reply 73
To be honest I'm not 100% sure. I can vaguely remember the question but I think it did say "all bonds to nitrogen" and "diazonium ion " i would say if it had of been the diazonium salt they would have said salt, but maybe I'm wrong
Reply 74
Original post by CCG88

completely guessed it! i said one but i know its wrong! oh well :colondollar:
Reply 75
The answer for secondary amine is three. I didn't think about the third one, so annoying 😕
Reply 76
Yeah I went for 3. Wasn't really sure at the time but I must of heard it somewhere at some point lol. I'm just so glad it wasn't a repeat of A2 1, I think I might have just walked out 😂
Reply 77
Original post by CERC
completely guessed it! i said one but i know its wrong! oh well :colondollar:

At least it's only 2 marks. I know I lost silly marks here and there but nothing too serious. I spoke to my tutor and she said that the general consensus was that the A2 1 paper was "very difficult" so I was really happy to hear that. Hopefully the grade boundary will be rock bottom :biggrin:
Reply 78
Comparing the module 5 exam from last year, I find that this years module 5 was a wee bit more difficult than last years. Last year it was 98 for an A* so I think it would either be around that or just below
Reply 79
Does anyone remember the percentage they got from one of the very first questions following the multiple choice?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending