The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 14grahamr
That point is cultural variations, reducing ecological validity of diagnosis. DSM and ICD are ethnocentric as it only reflects 'white' cultures. That study is by Harrison. What is 'abnormal' in one country may be 'normal' in another. Diagnosis is subjective as it's dependent on objective measures increasing chance of misdiagnosis. Psychologists should investigate DSM reliability in non-Western cultures to improve validity.

Give me a thumbs up if this helps!

Ok it does help a bit so if i was linking this back to A01 could I say That it shows the issue with validity as they is ethnic differences in classifying and diagnosing schizophrenia.
Can someone help me with peer review? The purpose of it and evaluative points pretty please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yasx_
Oh no I find them so long.. I don't mind it but I really want a results question to come up. They're so easy and you don't have to be creative :^_^:

What would you put for the results question though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys i need someones help. You see the model essays in the exam companion book, how many marks would the essays get - for example for a 8+16 marker?
Original post by TrojanH
that's 90+ ums ea...

my unit 1 was a bit low but unit 2 was good
Original post by SunDun111
Ok it does help a bit so if i was linking this back to A01 could I say That it shows the issue with validity as they is ethnic differences in classifying and diagnosing schizophrenia.

Yes, therefore there is a problem with validity concerning cultural variations because different cultures vary in what they deem as either 'normal' or 'abnormal'.
Can anyone tell me what grade and how many UMS points I need to get in each paper (psya3 & 4) and overall to achieve an A in Psychology A Level? Last year I got 165 UMS overall, which is just over an A. I am assuming I need to get a high B or a low A this year to get an A overall, can anyone tell me the UMS I need this year to get an A? I know grade boundaries change but just a rough estimate is good, based on last years paper is fine. Thanks
How is everyone (or those who do it) feeling about phobias?
Reply 5488
Original post by violetvictorious
What would you put for the results question though?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They usually give you what they want you to include. E.g. draw a table, name an appropriate statistical test, significant level, conclusion etc. Check the last question in June 2011
Reply 5489
Original post by violetvictorious
Can someone help me with peer review? The purpose of it and evaluative points pretty please?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think there's a recent mark scheme with this question. It appears a lot looking at questions
Can someone please tell be what a Type 1 and Type 2 error is in simplistic terms??
Original post by TrojanH
It took me four hours to learn Media. Learn. I had studied addiction but yesterday chose to learn media. Four hours.

It will take you two hours to revise each module. 8PM-10PM. 5AM-7AM. Research Methods an hour of understanding the key terms and tests. Sorted.

You changed topics? Is addiction that bad?
Reply 5492
Original post by bullseye1
Can anyone tell me what grade and how many UMS points I need to get in each paper (psya3 & 4) and overall to achieve an A in Psychology A Level? Last year I got 165 UMS overall, which is just over an A. I am assuming I need to get a high B or a low A this year to get an A overall, can anyone tell me the UMS I need this year to get an A? I know grade boundaries change but just a rough estimate is good, based on last years paper is fine. Thanks

An A is 320 overall, so you need 155 in A2 which is 77.5 in each paper but obvs you don't get .5 UMS so 78 UMS each paper I'd say. That's a high B almost A in each paper.
Reply 5493
Original post by yasx_
They usually give you what they want you to include. E.g. draw a table, name an appropriate statistical test, significant level, conclusion etc. Check the last question in June 2011

Didn't even know you could get a question like this what the **** 😑
Original post by wickedisgood
You changed topics? Is addiction that bad?

It's not that bad. I study biology and find Addiction fairly nice with some of the receptor-theories. I'm just a lazy person. I look for the quickest/easiest ways to do something. Media is that way.
I need like 200 ums in this exam to make up for how badly I messed up in psya3

#pray4me
Does anyone have any general evaluation points for media and/or schizophrenia ?
Can someone please tell be what a Type 1 and Type 2 error is in simplistic terms??

I can't remember if I read this on here or somewhere else, but I think it's good.

Remember it like the boy who cried wolf.

At first, they thought there was a wolf but there wasn't. (type one)
After, they thought there wasn't a wolf, but there was. (type two)

Change wolf to significance in that order and that's the basics.

T1 - too cocky. They accept a relationship when there isn't one

T2 - too modest. They reject a relationship when there is one.
Original post by bullseye1

155 ums would be needed for an A,
so lets say you need 78 on each paper.
So from last years boundaries that means you need in raw marks:
44/72 in PSYA3
56/83 in PSYA4

Latest

Trending

Trending