The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PhoenixBlaze123
Pretty sure it was nominal since it was category data?

It wasn't categories, it was interval/ ratio as it had magnitude and equal intervals. A number for how far the symptoms reduced isn't a category :frown:
Original post by SunDun111
It wasn't in order? It was shown in categories showing the two different types of particpants and then the range etc.

the question was relating to the main study which was a independent measures design generating ordinal data as the scores on anxiety can be ranked - every single person at our school said ordinal
Original post by Ishingler
can anyone recall the third question on the section for the addictive behaviours?

Wasn't it outline and evaluate one therapy for addiction 10 marks?
Original post by Plexy76
It wasn't categories, it was interval/ ratio as it had magnitude and equal intervals. A number for how far the symptoms reduced isn't a category :frown:

rip 8 marks
Original post by BethM98
on the bottom I put one section for experimental group and another for control group, and in each of those sections I put two other little sections for median and range! so the bottom looked kinda like this...

median / range median / range
EXPERIMENTAL CONTROL

aahh right! did you put a title as well for the graph? see I put range at the bottom and the median along the side and then a key to identify the difference between the experimental group and control group... gosshhhh i am so hoping grade boundaries are low D:
There's no need to be so rude with your replies rishi98 -.-
Original post by Biologist123

Psychological intervention*

outline and evaluate one psychological therapy :smile:
Original post by Kitty201322
There's no need to be so rude with your replies rishi98 -.-

Lol sorry I'm really bad with taking exams seriously :/ - I'm sure you will do absolutely fine X
Original post by JoePFR
I believe split half is for internal reliability, not internal validity. I didn't know what to put for that Q either, teacher never told us anything about internal validity testing. I just ********ted and said to compare it against similar questionnaires.

I used single and double blind? not sure if thats internal validity !!
Original post by ThatGirlJemma
aahh right! did you put a title as well for the graph? see I put range at the bottom and the median along the side and then a key to identify the difference between the experimental group and control group... gosshhhh i am so hoping grade boundaries are low D:

oh my god I didn't label the side axis!! that was a dumb mistake hahaha, me too :frown: no I didn't put a title, probably should have...
for the media influences question the scenario one for addiction, did you have to right about the three theories I didnt :frown:
Reply 5992
Guys!!!! For unit 3 I just realised that I didn't put the number of the question in the boxes (I'm an idiot yes I know but I didn't read it) instead I put it next to the answer on the actual lines so e.g. 02) biological explanations state....

Will this affect anything? Omg I'm praying it doesn't because I didn't write ANY of the question numbers in the boxes only on the lines
I noticed my mistake in today's exams and filled it in correctly but I'm panicking now because I realised I didn't for unit 3
Nice paper :biggrin:
To assess internal reliability you use face validity, content validity or concurrent validity. Split half and test retest are used to assess reliability not validity
for the graph I didnt use a key guys? I just put under eat bit whether it was to do with the range or experiemental so I had four seperate graphs?
Reply 5996
How many marks do you think I'll need for a B on this paper?
Original post by Onica
Oh phew. The invigilator didn't read that out and my teachers didn't even tell us.
Did you read it and use 2 lines?

I didn't leave two lines either i didn't read it whoops
Original post by yasx_
Guys!!!! For unit 3 I just realised that I didn't put the number of the question in the boxes (I'm an idiot yes I know but I didn't read it) instead I put it next to the answer on the actual lines so e.g. 02) biological explanations state....

Will this affect anything? Omg I'm praying it doesn't because I didn't write ANY of the question numbers in the boxes only on the lines
I noticed my mistake in today's exams and filled it in correctly but I'm panicking now because I realised I didn't for unit 3

This year, they're being marked by hand, so you should be okay

Posted from TSR Mobile
I used single and double blind? not sure if thats internal validity !!

I wrote single and double blind design too - I was so confused, I had a brain fart thinking what to write for it!

Latest

Trending

Trending