The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

so guys, is the general reaction to the exam positive or negative? how did you all find it?
Original post by andymharrison_
i just did a bar graph but two bars for each condition, one for median and one for range

Correct :smile: full 4 marks
Plus that's what I did
Original post by loveleest
Same :frown: I forgot the drug names too and I literally did like 2 a01 points for drug therapy and 1 ao1 point for ect... hope my a02 boots it :frown:

hopefully we'll be fine! for once, people on twitter AND student room have struggled so hopefully grade boundaries will be super low!

I also wrote about ECT briefly but i rly think this was way harder than psya3 which was quite nice compared to this!
Original post by Marli-Ruth
Correct :smile: full 4 marks
Plus that's what I did

my graph was pretty badly sketched though
Original post by TrojanH
haha same what studfies uyou use?

I used Shiroshi (MAOA)
Fieldmann and Popper (scientific- speculative) Wbu :smile:
Original post by castielle
hopefully we'll be fine! for once, people on twitter AND student room have struggled so hopefully grade boundaries will be super low!

I also wrote about ECT briefly but i rly think this was way harder than psya3 which was quite nice compared to this!

Yeah psya3 was defo easier, and hopefully
Original post by Onica
Oh phew. I talked about neophilla (preference for creative individuals)

That's perfectly OK! :smile: how did you find it overall
What did everyone write for the question on assessing internal validity?

I wrote about the split-half method but thats on reliability urgh ****K
Original post by andymharrison_
my graph was pretty badly sketched though

It's alright
As long as you got the axes and had 4 bars that's at least 2/4
Original post by Socychoictraphy

I did test re-test haha even worse ...literally I ****ed every question up
Don't think it matters if the bars in the graph were touching or not.... We aren't mathematicians -_- as long as you had 4 bars it's calm
Original post by ThatGirlJemma
im sure you would have done fine! need low grade boundaries we all need them haha D:

I really hope so, thanks :smile: yeah usually the boundaries aren't that high so we might be in luck!!
For OCD I did all the studies from biological and pyschological as it said 2 explanations, but apparently it meant that you only do 2 in detail e.g. genetic factors + behavioural? pls help :frown:
in the consent form question how was it supposed to be done? I provided info on the title, procedures/method, ethics: informed consent and withdrawing data, parent signature, researcher and participants name . I was so confused, was this right?
I drew a bar chart with two labels :frown: How many marks max?
Original post by Lmw26
I did this too... Does anyone know if we will lose all 4 marks for not including the range?

The question asked you to plot the information from the table, which included both median and range. If it had asked you to do just median, you'd be fine but it simply asked you to plot the info, therefore you needed to include both. I reckon you'll get half marks at most, providing you labelled the axes, used an appropriate scale and gave the graph a title.

1. Anxiety scores will decrease after partaking in the anxiety management class
2. Design question; introduced myself, method, right to withdraw, confidentiality (think i missed out aims :/)
3. Reliability is how consistent something is
Internal validity refers to whether something measures what it is intended to
4. Methods of assessing internal validity;
- Content (explanation)
- Concurrent (explanation)
- Face (explanation)
5. Found data to be significant (explanation)
Original post by BethM98
I did schizophrenia and addiction! I really didn't like the addiction questions, especially the 10mark one on psychological interventions :frown:

I did Sz and addiction too! I loved the psychological intervention and biological approach but not media
Original post by chloehayes
Addiction or schizophrenia anyone?

Original post by loveleest
What a02 points did you write for schizohprenia?I felt like I kinda made up studies in mines because I forget them kinda :frown:
Original post by Lularose83
Any ideas on grade boundaries?Also, did anyone else do addiction? I messed the media influence question up so bad, damn you Tony and your multiple addictions :frown:

This is in response to anyone who did SCHIZOPHRENIA and ADDICTION.

Here are the questions (in terms of how I remember them) and the brief points I made / studies I used. (Note not all the stuff I wrote may be right!)

SCHIZOPHRENIA

1.) Outline and evaluate one or more biological therapies of schizophrenia. (8 + 16)

POINT #1 DRUGS

(AO1)

Typical drugs, Atypical drugs
Amphetamines and Antipsychotics

(AO2)

Davis et al. (Relapse rates compared to placebo, 55% vs 19%)
Ross and Read (Misleading figures)
Ross and Read (Not a fair comparison, placebo patients in drug withdrawal state)

POINT #2 ECT

(AO1)

Anaesthetic, Unilateral ECT
Nerve-blocking agent
0.6 amps, 1 min seizure

(AO2)

Tharyan and Adams (Sham / Simulated ECT)
Read (ECT has significant risks, e.g. Brain damage, death + Decline in use in UK)

ADDICTION

1.) Media Influences of Tony, in terms of Initiation, Maintenance and/or Reduction (10 marks)

STEM: Addiction to both smoking and gambling; watched a lot of film and TV; smoked the brands endorsed by his idols; went into debt; stopped smoking since a month but still has gambling addiction.

SLT - Models in the films (Bandura, Waylen et al)
Campaigns
Prevention - Youth gambling (Deverensky and Gupta??)

2.) Outline one biological approach to the initiation of smoking. (4 marks)

Genetics; Vink et al.

3.) Outline and evaluate one psychological intervention for reducing addictive behaviour. (4 + 6)

Cognitive Behavioural Therapy - Faulty maladaptive thinking
AO2: Ladoucer et al. - Shows effectiveness of CBT; 66 pathological gamblers; 2 conditions; 86% no longer fulfilled DSM criteria for gambling.

Hope this helps :wink:

i wrote about double blind, but i dont know if im 100% right tbh

Latest

Trending

Trending