The Student Room Group

Edexcel S1 - 15th June, 2016 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by drogon
So i stalked your profile and saw you insured warwick over imperial. Why?

Warwick > Imperial for maths. It just has a better course.
Original post by thelegend99
whoops @hogree if events are independent, does that meant they're linked (does one affect the other)? Saw an example with two children being late.

It means they aren't linked. What example?
Reply 642
Original post by Zacken

But why? Like in what aspect?
Original post by Mina_
Sorry but what are you on about

about how coding affect the Sxx Syy value, If you are given Saa and Sbb, and given the code of x and y in term of a and b and you're asked to find Sxx Syy , that's how you do it
Original post by jessyjellytot14
Can you use a black rollergel pen?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you mean the black uniball inky pens then yeah.
Original post by drogon
But why? Like in what aspect?

More flexibility, for one. Better teaching as well, I reckon. More choice - more rigour, etc...
Original post by hogree
It means they aren't linked. What example?

Whoops I thought that was for mutually exclusive?!. I can't remember the exact paper, but it was a Solomon question and it was on about how two students were late.
Original post by Exavior
One measure of location (from box plots the median)
On measure of spread (range or IQR for box plots)
And I think also skewness (Q2-Q1<Q3-Q2 positive Q2-Q1>Q3-Q2 negative)

thanx bruhhhh...👊🏻👊🏻👊🏻
Whoops I thought that was for mutually exclusive?!. I can't remember the exact paper, but it was a Solomon question and it was on about how two students were late.

Mutually Exclusive is when there's no Intersection. Independent means one doesn't affect another (so A|B is simply A).
Could someone please help me with part b to e.. :frown:
The effect of coding on Sxx/Syy/Sxy???
-Help
Original post by hogree
Mutually Exclusive is when there's no Intersection. Independent means one doesn't affect another (so A|B is simply A).

Gotcha, thanks!
This may or may not have been asked but too many pages to look through, What formula's don't come up in the formulae book that we definitely need to know?
Original post by Zacken

Wicked Mate - see you at Warwick next year :wink:
Original post by not_lucas1
This may or may not have been asked but too many pages to look through, What formula's don't come up in the formulae book that we definitely need to know?

mutually exclusive and independent.
CAN WE HAVE A FINAL ANSWER TO ALL THIS how does it affect sxy sxx and syy BS THESE QNs CLOG UP THE FEED - preferably with an example
Original post by QuantumStuff
The effect of coding on Sxx/Syy/Sxy???
-Help

If you have a = 10x + 6 and b = 5y + 3

Saa = (10)(10)(Sxx)
Sab = (10)(5)(Sxy)
Sbb = (5)(5)(Syy)
(edited 7 years ago)
mutually exclusive and independent.

whats the formula for them? I believe independent is comparing p(a)*p(b) with p(a intersect b) am i right?
Reply 658
Original post by Zacken
The table below the normal distribution table, i.e: the percentage points table gives you the z value to 4 d.p.

Ok, suppose the value was 0.8010 and not on either table, how would you determine the Z value?
Original post by not_lucas1

Standard deviation. Mean for tabled data with frequency. Independent and mutually exclusive. Formula for calculating the quartiles and median. Expected value and varience in discrete random variables, discrete uniform distribution.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending