The Student Room Group

AQA Geography Unit 4B Pre-release

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ATSugden
I write about the fact that if we were to leave they could impose trade tariff that increase the price of fuel imports and could be damaging to our economy. I then contrast this point with the fact that we import gas from Norway and oil from Qatar so EU trade tariffs may not significantly affect us in terms of fuel.

Hope this helps a little:smile:

yes thats brilliant thank you!
How do we do Mann - Whitney or Chi squared in relation to this? I feel that it's unlikely to come up but just in case? Maybe we won't have to actually do it but would we have to say it's a way to analyse data?
Reply 422
Original post by Tamir777
How do we do Mann - Whitney or Chi squared in relation to this? I feel that it's unlikely to come up but just in case? Maybe we won't have to actually do it but would we have to say it's a way to analyse data?

Unfortunately I think these will come up as there hasn't been statistical test on the past 3 or 4 papers. I think they are most likely to come up in a fieldwork section. Such as group of students have carried out a fieldwork investigation in the Fylde area, here are the result. Carry out this statistical test... using these results.
Original post by AslAbb
Sorry I know I asked this earlier but I haven't seen anyone respond and I'm really confused.

I think that we may have the same / more shale gas but right now much less is recoverable because it is much deeper than in the US, we have a much higher population density, it's much more expensive to frack in the UK and all the other factors people mentioned before! It's also much quicker and easier to get permission in the US which again means it's cheaper.
Original post by AslAbb
Unfortunately I think these will come up as there hasn't been statistical test on the past 3 or 4 papers. I think they are most likely to come up in a fieldwork section. Such as group of students have carried out a fieldwork investigation in the Fylde area, here are the result. Carry out this statistical test... using these results.

thank you! That sounds awful though, do we have to memorise the formula or just do it? And then how would you analyse it? (level of significance??)
Anyone have an overview of changes that have occurred with regards to fracking in the UK??? Im really struggling :frown:
Reply 426
I think that we may have the same / more shale gas but right now much less is recoverable because it is much deeper than in the US, we have a much higher population density, it's much more expensive to frack in the UK and all the other factors people mentioned before! It's also much quicker and easier to get permission in the US which again means it's cheaper.

thank you! That sounds awful though, do we have to memorise the formula or just do it? And then how would you analyse it? (level of significance??)

Thank you!
Sorry I don't know. I haven't had a chance to look over that yet
Original post by Atomicmat
No, sorry :/ I'm not sure how useful notes on it would be? Why would you need them?

I was thinking in case it gets mentioned or there is reference to it in a question? I have no comment on it and havent come across any exemplar questions where it is included, but i was thinking just in case there was a chance it is referenced? Not sure, i just feel i shouldnt ignore it!
Reply 428
Any idea of the predicted questions?
Original post by isabelle12345
I was thinking in case it gets mentioned or there is reference to it in a question? I have no comment on it and havent come across any exemplar questions where it is included, but i was thinking just in case there was a chance it is referenced? Not sure, i just feel i shouldnt ignore it!

Yeah true - I just know that it's rather reliable because it's The Guardian haha!
in the AIB where it says communities receive a payment of £100000 and 1% of total revenues, is that dependent on the size of the communitiy?
Original post by nicole12345
in the AIB where it says communities receive a payment of £100000 and 1% of total revenues, is that dependent on the size of the communitiy?

Nope, that's why it's a good point to make - it's regardless of the population size so is unfair..
Im hearing different ways in how we read the graphs, is it that P2 energey consumption was 155,000 or 155,000,000...?
Original post by Atomicmat
Nope, that's why it's a good point to make - it's regardless of the population size so is unfair..

okay thanks!
Reply 434
Original post by nicole12345
a spokesman on behalf of the Flyde anti fracking campaign stated that the 'compensation' is paid out within a 20km radius of the Flyde area, so the money isn't directly benefiting that community but rather further a field (such as blackpool)
Original post by isabelle12345
Im hearing different ways in how we read the graphs, is it that P2 energey consumption was 155,000 or 155,000,000...?

Tonnes just means you x1000 to get 155000000, but its not nessesary to convert tbh
Original post by abluejayms
'There is a strong anti fracking movement in Lancashire. To what extent do you think their objections are justified'

Somebody help :frown:

Overall this question is about your own opinion.

Do one paragraph about negatives of fracking
e.g. noise pollution, groundwater contamination,earthquakes, flaring- global warming and bad for asthmatics, traffic - congestion and increased risk of accidents.

Positives- loads and loads. Energy security, receive 100000 pounds plus 1 percent. etc

Then just form your own opinion as to how their objections are justified ofc
Original post by Jessica Starfell
Tonnes just means you x1000 to get 155000000, but its not nessesary to convert tbh

So I wouldn't be marked down by putting 155000 or that coal declined by 12,000 (rather than 12,000,000)?
Reply 438
This is great for information on Cuadrilla's responses to reducing the impact of fracking in Roseacre. A* information
http://www.cuadrillaresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Cuadrilla_Roseacre_Community_Info_Booklet.pdf
Original post by bat_man
Overall this question is about your own opinion.

Do one paragraph about negatives of fracking
e.g. noise pollution, groundwater contamination,earthquakes, flaring- global warming and bad for asthmatics, traffic - congestion and increased risk of accidents.

Positives- loads and loads. Energy security, receive 100000 pounds plus 1 percent. etc

Then just form your own opinion as to how their objections are justified ofc

For this question I thought it would be best to counteract the negatives but not by giving the positives - so say for example worries about earth tremors but these aren't justified because of the traffic light system in place? Idk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending