The Student Room Group

Edexcel S1 - 15th June, 2016 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PJ-Poker
Need help! please for question 6b was the mean - 240 and the S.D - 40???? if it was will a answer of 206.4 give me the 3 marks.

Should be all 3 marks there.
Original post by metrize
@kprime2 are you going to be doing an unoffivial markscheme?

s1 solutions
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4170245&p=65854175#post65854175
If I got the mean right but the sd wrong. do I get 2/3 or 1/3 mark?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1644
Anyone think the grade boundaries will be significantly lower than last years?

Posted from TSR Mobile
55/75-C1 58/75-C2 48/75-S1 What grade do you think this will be?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Hasanalm
55/75-C1 58/75-C2 48/75-S1 What grade do you think this will be?

Low B
Original post by PJ-Poker
Need help! please for question 6b was the mean - 240 and the S.D - 40???? if it was will a answer of 206.4 give me the 3 marks.

2 marks. The actual number rounded to 260.3 and if they are picky they may not give you the mark. But who knows? You may get a benefit of the doubt mark.
Can someone answer some questions I have about the paper? the Actual paper: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3xSC6XqSy7kMGhaRHh2MHlnaDQ/view

For question 3a, I wrote sum of x squared as 958.88 as opposed to the actual 985.88, then carried on with the calculation as so. Will I lose all 3 marks for this error or will I get some marks?

For 4b, I wrote independent so P(B AND D)= P(B) x P(D). Will this get me one mark?

For 4di and 4dii, will I get any marks for writing out the formula , so for I 4di wrote that is is equal to P(D AND R AND B) divided by P(R AND B) and for 4dii I wrote that it is equal to P(D AND R AND NOT B) divided by P(R AND NOT B). Will I get any marks for laying these formulas out?

For question 5a, I got the width right but height wrong. Will this only get me 1/3 marks?

For 5e I said that it may be a good decision as the median and mean are quite similar, will this get me any marks?
[QUOTE=Hasanalm;65861837]Can someone answer some questions I have about the paper? the Actual paper: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3xSC6XqSy7kMGhaRHh2MHlnaDQ/view

For question 3a, I wrote sum of x squared as 958.88 as opposed to the actual 985.88, then carried on with the calculation as so. Will I lose all 3 marks for this error or will I get some marks?

For this question you will lose 1 marks for getting the answer wrong. You will gain all method marks for using this value as carry through but as fas as I understand the marking system you will lose any final answer marks.

For 4b, I wrote independent so P(B AND D)= P(B) x P(D). Will this get me one mark?

For 4di and 4dii, will I get any marks for writing out the formula , so for I 4di wrote that is is equal to P(D AND R AND B) divided by P(R AND B) and for 4dii I wrote that it is equal to P(D AND R AND NOT B) divided by P(R AND NOT B). Will I get any marks for laying these formulas out?

As far as I know, you don't get marks for just writing the formula, you will have been required to put values in the formula and generate some sort of answer... Not entirely sure about this one, possibly 1 marks in total max.

For question 5a, I got the width right but height wrong. Will this only get me 1/3 marks?

You will get 1 mark for the answer.

For 5e I said that it may be a good decision as the median and mean are quite similar, will this get me any marks?

A lot of dispute about this answer, many past papers have suggested that since the median and mean is approximately equal a normal distribution is suffice. I personally put that it was fine, but many people are stating that due to the negative skewness it is inappropriate. I honestly believe that from past paper answers of similar questions your answer will be correct, but don't hold my word for it.

Hope this helps. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
what do you think an A will be?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jasmine9876
what do you think an A will be?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wont be any more than 60
Original post by Megan3245
Yh i did

That is not right, you are assuming that they both play the same number.
You have to draw a sample space, there might be a shortcut but there wasn't much time to look for one.
Original post by AmarPatel98
Anyone get 33 people for the dinner?

Last question was 0.36 exactly btw

That's right
What grade will I get

C1 - 64
C2 - 70
S1 - 58
Original post by mahmzo
What grade will I get

C1 - 64
C2 - 70
S1 - 58

Use last year's grade boundaries. Not 100% accurate but should give you a rough idea.
Original post by SeanFM
Use last year's grade boundaries. Not 100% accurate but should give you a rough idea.

Last year it was

C1 - 63
C2 - 59
S1- 59

I Think I would get an A because the c2 would boost my S1. IDK ;( I want an A so bad. I just hope S1 boundaries are not higher than 59 so I will have a bit more UMS
Original post by mahmzo
Last year it was

C1 - 63
C2 - 59
S1- 59

I Think I would get an A because the c2 would boost my S1. IDK ;( I want an A so bad. I just hope S1 boundaries are not higher than 59 so I will have a bit more UMS

Then it looks like you should get a secure A or a very, very high B.
Hey guys i did my papers with a blue ballpoint
Is that okay?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending