The Student Room Group

Edexcel D1 - 17th June, 2016 [Exam discussion]

Scroll to see replies

does the objective function have to be integers because I got x+1.5y but apparently it should be 2x+3y. Also I got 75 for the first part and 35 for the second part of the route inspection.
Does anyone know how many marks each question was worth? Plz reply
Original post by igotohaggerston
does the objective function have to be integers because I got x+1.5y but apparently it should be 2x+3y. Also I got 75 for the first part and 35 for the second part of the route inspection.

That should be fine as it has the same gradient.
no it didnt specify about being integers
Explain why should start at an odd node
Original post by thelegend99
w was 11 cause the float was 1?

yeah it was something like 17-5-w=1 so w=11
Original post by Historygcse

Because in a semi-Eulerian graph if you start at an odd node you will finish at another odd node
Reply 1027

I wrote it should start at an odd node so it could end at another odd node so only one route have to be repeated
Original post by mathsmann
what were your values for w,x,y,z i got 12 for w :s-smilie: ,how many marks would i get for the gantt chart if w is wrong? and anyone know what marks were for each part of question 7 ??

Thats exactly what i did
Original post by NotNotBatman
That should be fine as it has the same gradient.

I said about it being semi eulerian if the end node is also odd. Would i get the mark?
What are people thinking for grade boundaries? Higher than last year?
Original post by Mia66
I wrote it should start at an odd node so it could end at another odd node so only one route have to be repeated

I wrote something similar, and that any arcs directly connected to the start and end odd nodes wont have to be repeated? Is that also correct?
would you get it wrong if you wrote 2x +3y? and what was the answer to the very last question
Original post by Pablo Picasso
I said about it being semi eulerian if the end node is also odd. Would i get the mark?
not 100% sure , how many marks was the question?
Reply 1034
I wrote something similar, and that any arcs directly connected to the start and end odd nodes wont have to be repeated? Is that also correct?
I don't quite know what you mean but I guess so
Can anyone remember the chosen arcs for prims
Original post by economicss
What are people thinking for grade boundaries? Higher than last year?

I think they'll be pretty much identical, or maybe even 1/2 marks lower.

A very similar question came up in the June 2014 R paper (feel free check it later if you want to)

The mark scheme says:

"If we start at an odd vertex we will finish at another odd vertex. This removes the need to repeat the route between them. So we just have toconsider one repeated route rather than two."
Original post by greg_greg
I managed to get the simultaneous equations wrong. TBut got the correct number of boxes. Will I lose marks for both questions?

No just finding v as the second question does not depend on the first
Original post by Raaaas
would you get it wrong if you wrote 2x +3y? and what was the answer to the very last question

It should be good :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending