The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology SNAB 6BI04 ~ 6BIO5 June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anon113
Wow, should defo get a C or a B max...

People always forget that grade boundaries are decided each year depending on how people do. Not how hard the paper is.
Guys, my teacher didnt explain to us anything about the scientific article... just told us what website to get it on. Can anyone tell me what its all about and how to prepare for it
Original post by fpmaniac
Guys, my teacher didnt explain to us anything about the scientific article... just told us what website to get it on. Can anyone tell me what its all about and how to prepare for it

That's awful. You will be asked 30 marks worth of questions on the article related to areas in the entire a level spec. Topics 1 to 8. Look over the article and try and relate it to areas of the spec and make sure you know those areas well.
Original post by mliela
That's awful. You will be asked 30 marks worth of questions on the article related to areas in the entire a level spec. Topics 1 to 8. Look over the article and try and relate it to areas of the spec and make sure you know those areas well.

Is it related to AS level at all or just A level topics?
Original post by Kat_b255
Is it related to AS level at all or just A level topics?

Both AS and A2, except for unit 1 tbh, there isnt anything related to unit 1
Does anyone have any predictions on what possibly might come up for Unit 5?
Original post by Daniel9998
Dont get your hopes up with the petition guys, Edexcel have already denied copying a previous paper and using too much AS so doubt anything will change.

They haven't denied yet - they have just simply not responded to that allegation. this gives us an advantage - by bringing this to the papers and BBC with the fact that they reused a paper means that they will HAVE to own up to using a past paper.
Original post by ABeingOnEarth

Have a feeling theres gonna be quite a heavy focus on muscles, homeostasis, exercise/health and how they all relate.
Reply 888
Anyone else find it funny that if you were to include a sentence from another piece of coursework, you would get disqualified by Edexcel for plagiarism.

Yet they are allowed to copy and entire exam paper and get away with it.
Reply 889

Unit 1, Unit 2, Unit 3 and 6 stuff even though most people did coursework, degree level, GCSE, sats questions, physics, chemistry, health and social, travel and tourism, last nights tea, my nan's recipe for scones.

Literally anything could now and it doesn't fill me with confidence. I have an economics exam that day so I'm going to focus on that, because the chances are whatever I revise for unit 5 wont come up.

trust me i've tried to predict all the papers - and the majority have been wrong - the unit 2 paper was last years unit 2, the unit 4 paper was a unit 2 paper - so i'm guessing unit 5 is gonna be a physics or chemistry paper probably.
Original post by alexfrances
trust me i've tried to predict all the papers - and the majority have been wrong - the unit 2 paper was last years unit 2, the unit 4 paper was a unit 2 paper - so i'm guessing unit 5 is gonna be a physics or chemistry paper probably.

lol
Anyone else finding this unit too hard? Theres too much you have to remember and the questions asked in the past papers and the mark schemes are so weird. Plus on top of all the knowledge you have to do the article which is again more work
I think some of the content from 2014 January IAL paper, they might do the same thing they did with Unit 4.
But I can't find any links to these that don't print out with exemplar on them?
Does anyone have links?!
Original post by mliela

lol. If you think thats awful, we didnt really finish the course either. My teacher just gave us a huge load of homework a week before so we can basically teach ourselves the last bits...
Original post by greenorange
I think some of the content from 2014 January IAL paper, they might do the same thing they did with Unit 4.
But I can't find any links to these that don't print out with exemplar on them?
Does anyone have links?!

http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/past-papers/a-level-biology/edexcel-unit-5/
lol. If you think thats awful, we didnt really finish the course either. My teacher just gave us a huge load of homework a week before so we can basically teach ourselves the last bits...

We weren't taught very well throughout but there wasn't much we could do. The least the teachers could do is explain the exam structure.
I really dont get question 5 june 2015 and similar questions like that.
I really dont get question 5 june 2015 and similar questions like that.

If you have the cgp revision guide it has a really good explanation for the respirometre! If you'd like me to explain at all then pm and I'll help you the best I can
These unit 5 questions dont make any sense! You think they are asking you one question but they are asking you a completely different question and the mark scheme says different things!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending