The Student Room Group

Edexcel D1 - 17th June, 2016 [Exam discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Sorry to break it to you but odd/even is only a definition which can be applied to integer values, so it would never be odd or even, hence stuck in a cycle of does x = 0? no, x = x/2

@Pablo Picasso
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by iMacJack
it won't tend to negatives because you'll never get to the point where it gets to x = x-1, you'll be stuck in a loop of x/2, which is inferred by the necessity of an integer value for X

Correct

Original post by Pablo Picasso
If you inserted .5, then it isn't odd, nor = 0 either, so it'll -1 everytime (?)

No. You only -1 when you answer yes to "Is it odd?". If you answer no to both, you keep halving x.
Random Q, but could you rememebr the first dummy we had to draw on the 2nd Q

A to D or F i think. Cant remember exactly
Sorry to break it to you but odd/even is only a definition which can be applied to integer values, so it would never be odd or even, hence stuck in a cycle of does x = 0? no, x = x/2

@Pablo Picasso

@Pablo Picasso
https://gyazo.com/e928a3021765974ef7effaf5f34bcdeb

46 for an A (June 03) and a lot in the low fifties.

And in June 2004.

Wow, they ARE low, aren't they?
Original post by mupsman2312
And in June 2004.

Wow, they ARE low, aren't they?

Yeah - I cannot see it being any higher than 56, I'd say either 55/56 for an A, I don't really envision anything lower than that either to be honest..
Yeah - I cannot see it being any higher than 56, I'd say either 55/56 for an A, I don't really envision anything lower than that either to be honest..

The grade boundaries usually go in intervals of 6, don't they - which would make it 61-62 for 90 UMS, and 67-68 for 100 UMS; is that right? WOW - get in there! I really didn't feel all that confident coming out of it - what with already knowing that I got the schedule wrong, and not having any time to check my activity network. But, actually, with those sort of grade boundaries, D1 will probably end up being one of my strongest modules this year!
The grade boundaries usually go in intervals of 6, don't they - which would make it 61-62 for 90 UMS, and 67-68 for 100 UMS; is that right? WOW - get in there! I really didn't feel all that confident coming out of it - what with already knowing that I got the schedule wrong, and not having any time to check my activity network. But, actually, with those sort of grade boundaries, D1 will probably end up being one of my strongest modules this year!

Don't take my word for it!!

I'm just basing it off of how it seems the majority found the timings and questions etc.
Don't take my word for it!!

I'm just basing it off of how it seems the majority found the timings and questions etc.

I know - but, it's definitely much more reassuring that everyone seems to think the same thing. Thanks for your predictions, anyway!
Hey does anyone have model answers ??
Hey, at least they didn't ask us to explain the uses of those three dummies - that would have taken even longer!
Was the questionning

1. Matching
2. Preceedence table
3. Algorithm
4. Djik
5. Flow Chart
6. Gantt chart & co
7. Program
Original post by Lander_q
Hey does anyone have model answers ??

I wish! If only Edexcel hadn't so ruthlessly and gruesomely murdered Arsey like that...
Was the questionning

1. Matching
2. Preceedence table
3. Algorithm
4. Djik
5. Flow Chart
6. Gantt chart & co
7. Program

No.

1) Matching
2) Precedence Table
3) Bin Packing/Quick Sort
4) Algorithm (Flow Chart)
5) Dijkstras
6) Route Inspection
7) Gantt/Scheduling
8) Linear Programming
Doesnt anyone have a copy of the paper?!!!!!
Was the questionning

1. Matching
2. Preceedence table
3. Algorithm
4. Djik
5. Flow Chart
6. Gantt chart & co
7. Program

There were eight questions, so it must have been something like this:

1. Matchings
2. Activity network
3. Quick sort
4. Dijkstra's algorithm
5. Flow-chart
6. Route inspection
7. Critical path analysis
8. Linear programming

(*The first three and last two were definitely in that order, but I'm not entirely sure about the order of questions 4-6...)
No.

1) Matching
2) Precedence Table
3) Bin Packing/Quick Sort
4) Algorithm (Flow Chart)
5) Dijkstras
6) Route Inspection
7) Gantt/Scheduling
8) Linear Programming

That's probably the right order!
Does anyone know the breakdown for the linear programme question? Or just the marks breakdown in general. Would be helpful for everyone
(edited 7 years ago)
That's probably the right order!

Yeah I'm sure about them all apart from Dijkstras and Algorithms, they may have been the other way around, not sure
Yeah I'm sure about them all apart from Dijkstras and Algorithms, they may have been the other way around, not sure

For the flow chart, was it 135 as the ouput, something like 80+55?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending