The Student Room Group

Official OCR A2 G484 June 2016 [Module 1] [90UMS]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dash52
1.02x10^33 lol idk

Original post by LibertyMan
What were your values for S2 people??? I NEED TO KNOW FUSUFBAKFJKDNDKIDJFJ

Couldn't calculate the mass of S2, apart from that the paper was good.
Reply 201
Original post by Artmanlikesart
No, the equation for c was (gmh)/(m x change in temperature),so the masses cancelled out, so C was independent of mass in this case.

Thats what i thought, but surely, when the mass is doubled, the energy is doubled (mgh) so wouldnt the temperature increase aswell? I understand the equation obviously shows that temperature changeshouldnt increase, but i cannot understand how this is the case in a physical way.
Did anyone get 1.73 x 10^33 for the mass of S2?
Original post by thephysio
You should have added the vertical component of the water hose :frown: hopefully you should get some marks for the use of the component however, maybe drop 1 or 2 marks.

the hose was going vertically upwards and the weight of the fireman is going vertically downwards so resolving the force would mean to take them away, no?
Guys can u tell me why is it 1070?
(92+8.25sin55)×9.81 then i got 969
Reply 205
Anyone get like 0.597 for the period?
Reply 206
For the reaction for the hose pipe dude, I did:

Resolve upwards, R + vertical component of the speed = his weight, correct?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Willward1998
Did anyone get 1.73 x 10^33 for the mass of S2?

I deffo got something to the power of 33, wasn't R2 3.6x10^12? so I just stuck it all in the keplers equation?!!?!? it said that the period was 4hours for both planets or something?!?!?!
Original post by Oddowl
Thats what i thought, but surely, when the mass is doubled, the energy is doubled (mgh) so wouldnt the temperature increase aswell? I understand the equation obviously shows that temperature changeshouldnt increase, but i cannot understand how this is the case in a physical way.

It seems counter intuitive, but they cancelled out so I took that at face value and wrote it stays constant.
Original post by Howshotmyexamis

I got 969 i think it is right
The mass of S2 was 1.03 * 10^33
Reply 211
Original post by Reda2
One full wavelength is 2pie (360)

Lol that makes sense... well thats 4 marks im not getting then
Original post by Howshotmyexamis

To find the change of momentum you needed more than just 8.25, you had to times it by the speed, as kgs^-1 x ms^-1 gives kgms^-2, which is change in momentum.
Original post by mathsmo19
I know this isn't hugely helpful but here are my solutions nonetheless....

3.93 (5pi/4)
6.413*10^23
23.3*10^3
1.2*10^12
3.6*10^12
5.98*10^4
6.43*10^31

Why was the mass of s2 = 6.43x10^31? I just did the calculation, you get that answer when you put in radius for s1? If you put in radius for s2 you get ^33
i got 969 for fireman q too
also got 10^41 for s2.....
Original post by dash52
for the fireman question, i calculated the weight of the fireman and took away the vertical component of the water hose so i got around 830N i think

Did you miss out a squaring or cubing factor when substituting back in?
Original post by Oddowl

The mass is doubled so the energy supplied per inversion is doubled but you require twice the energy to heat up twice the amount of matter for the same temparature rise.

If that makes sense.
I thought it was 7pi/6 out of phase, because from A to F it was 3pi/2 and from A to B I thought it was pi/3..... so B to F being 7pi/6
Original post by The-Spartan
The mass of S2 was 1.03 * 10^33

How?
Original post by Oddowl

You put twice as much energy into the system, but that energy needs to heat up twice as much stuff. So the temperature change is the same.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending