The Student Room Group

Sixth form induction day next week! (worried/scared)

Hi guys!
So basically im moving sixth forms (due to my current school not doing a subject i wanted to do) and the school im moving to is much closer to the centre of the city whereas the one I went to was in a small town! Next week I have an induction day and I'm really worried as I wont know anyone there so I dont want it to be awkward or people to stare at me and think im weird as i dont know anyone :frown:

Please could you give me some tip thank you :biggrin:
Um. There will be quite a lot of people in the same situation I would imagine.

One tip I do have is dress up as a pokemon trainer or a pokemon.
Original post by Kholmes1
Um. There will be quite a lot of people in the same situation I would imagine.

One tip I do have is dress up as a pokemon trainer or a pokemon.

Wow thanks :wink:

Should I just go up to people and talk to them like hey, im emily? or is that weird :frown:
Original post by helloimemily
Wow thanks :wink:

Should I just go up to people and talk to them like hey, im emily? or is that weird :frown:

Hmm. Its not weird but thats how you are meant to introduce yourself. But idk. Just go up to someone start speaking to them about something. (idk what) then after speaking bring up your name. Is the induction day where you have lessons? Or is it just applying. If its just the applying then you don't really have to talk to anyone. Thats not really where you meet people. You meet them when it actually starts during lessons. If its where you have lessons then I guess you could talk to them about stuff. But it is a 7 week break. So you don't really have to get to know people now as they probably won't remember you after the 7 weeks. Depending on how long the lessons is.
Original post by Kholmes1
Hmm. Its not weird but thats how you are meant to introduce yourself. But idk. Just go up to someone start speaking to them about something. (idk what) then after speaking bring up your name. Is the induction day where you have lessons? Or is it just applying. If its just the applying then you don't really have to talk to anyone. Thats not really where you meet people. You meet them when it actually starts during lessons. If its where you have lessons then I guess you could talk to them about stuff. But it is a 7 week break. So you don't really have to get to know people now as they probably won't remember you after the 7 weeks. Depending on how long the lessons is.

We have maths and science lessons and an assembly :smile:
Hi! There are probably loads of people in the same situation as you, and probably feeling nervous too. Just smile and maybe try talking to the people sat around you. Maybe try complimenting people, looking out for things in common, maybe like a fandom related thing ( I am personally quite a big fan girl xD).

Quick Reply

Latest