The Student Room Group

Going to Toni & Guy tomorrow - what do you think of this Men's hairstyle?

I am going to show the hairdresser this pic from my iPhone...although my hair is not long enough for the exact appearance, I still want it cut and styled so I grow into looking like the guy in the pic.

Is this a good haircut? But what is it called? A Slicked back undercut, or disconnected undercut?

UNDERCUT6.jpg
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I like this hairstyle on guys.
Yeah I like it. I've had similar hairstyles in the past. :biggrin:
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
I am going to show the hairdresser this pic from my iPhone...although my hair is not long enough for the exact appearance, I still want it cut and styled so I grow into looking like the guy in the pic.

Is this a good haircut? But what is it called? A Slicked back undercut, or disconnected undercut?

UNDERCUT6.jpg

Don't go toni & guy. They wont do what you want and they'll scam you in to booking multiple appointments to get the hair style you want.
Original post by Indeterminate
Yeah I like it. I've had similar hairstyles in the past. :biggrin:

What did you ask for with the hairdresser? How much did you pay on average?
Original post by That Arab Guy
Don't go toni & guy. They wont do what you want and they'll scam you in to booking multiple appointments to get the hair style you want.

For £53, they will do EXACTLY what I tell them.
For £53, they will do EXACTLY what I tell them.

Good luck. I've been there 3 times, twice in different London stores, once in Plymouth, all ****.
Its a very difficult hairstyle to pull off imo, I know some guys who have it and it kind of looks good but personally not a favourite. Best of luck, I hope you do get what you want though :smile:
What did you ask for with the hairdresser? How much did you pay on average?

Toni & Guy has been my go to for quite a long time and showing them a picture works fine when you want something very specific. :biggrin:

In these situations it's best to see a director (the cost is around the £50 mark) :yep:
Overpriced and overrated in my opinion
You dont need to go to Tony and Guy to get this hair cut just unnecessary expenses and they get it weong a lot of the time. But since you're going anyway.. Yes that haircut look really good on some guys

Edit: also it looks all good when you first get it but some people doing it themselves don't style it the same
(edited 7 years ago)
just show them the pic, I got a free haircut at Toni's a while back but it took around 3 hours lol.
I think it's terrible, but if you like it, go for it!

UNDERCUT6.jpg
I am not sure what it's name is OP - but it sure looks immense!

UNDERCUT6.jpg

Just becuase it suits that guy, doesnt mean it will look good on you. Ive learnt this the hard way.
Original post by Banana208
You dont need to go to Tony and Guy to get this hair cut just unnecessary expenses and they get it weong a lot of the time. But since you're going anyway.. Yes that haircut look really good on some guys

Edit: also it looks all good when you first get it but some people doing it themselves don't style it the same
Agreed it don't last - unless you can afford an Hairdresser to attend to it ev'ry other day!!
So how do you cope with it after PE ihatePE?
Original post by CoolaClime Student
I am not sure what it's name is OP - but it sure looks immense!

Original post by freedom
Just becuase it suits that guy, doesnt mean it will look good on you. Ive learnt this the hard way.

This thread is 8 months old fyi.
Original post by Jennie1987
This thread is 8 months old fyi.

Still - the haircut looks Alpha I think!!
Original post by CoolaClime Student
Still - the haircut looks Alpha I think!!

Each to their own.

Quick Reply

Latest