I dont remember seeing a habituation question
Original post by zaramillie

Sea anemone. You don't remember?

there was, it was a 3 marker
Original post by Bella09
Ahh thank goodness I hope so. Because I wasn't sure about genes to remove CO2 so I literally just made up the chloroplast stuff haha. But I put all the stuff about reverse transcriptase making cDNA or restriction endonuclease cutting gene, cut plasmid with same restriction enzyme and use DNA ligase. I think that'll get me a couple marks at least

dude i did exactly that XD i really do doubt the existence of a CO2 removing gene?!?
First question asked what would be expected to happen when the anemone is habituated (something like that) the answer being that it will no longer respond/retract its tentacles. The second question asked to how to carry out a study in how long it takes for the anemone to no longer become habituated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GrandMasti
What did people get for the 3 mark question on how the three genes inhibited each other in sequence, their activity cycling regularly? And what did you understand by 'cycling regularly'?

im guessing, but i said: if the 1st gene is on, then the 2nd is off, which means the 3rd is on... and because the 3rd gene inhibits the 1st, the 1st would turn off, causing the 2nd one to turn on, and the 3rd one to turn off, and the cycle repeats
Hopefully it's not wrong :/
Original post by neevtrehan
What did people say for the ecg question?

I said conduct an ecg for 15 seconds and then count the number of qrs complexes in the trace and multiply by 4 to get heart rate.

Is that wrong?

no idea if what you wrote was correct as i wasnt sure myself.

I said that there is a p wave, t wave and qrs complex to represent atrial systole, ventricular systole and diastole. One cardiac cycle was one beat (??) so you use the ECG for a minute and count the cardiac cycles to work out BPM.

?
Original post by aegonsconquest
there was, it was a 3 marker

Oh no. I remember one asking about the release of calcium ions when impulse arrives at the synapse. Do you remember what the habituation question asked?
Original post by mliela
Sea anemone. You don't remember?

Remember talking about the calcium when impulse arrives, but not about the anemone being desinsitised. Meh
Oh no. I remember one asking about the release of calcium ions when impulse arrives at the synapse. Do you remember what the habituation question asked?

outline a study into habituation with the sea anemone
Original post by mercuryman
outline a study into habituation with the sea anemone

Yes q2 thank you
Yes q2 thank you

So you did do it right?
Original post by Downymouse59
dude i did exactly that XD i really do doubt the existence of a CO2 removing gene?!?

You could have said that they isolated a gene involved with producing enzymes for carbon fixation
What did you guys put for the first MCQ? I put number of myosin heads stays the same...?
Original post by mercuryman
So you did do it right?

I think i answered that one okay, its just the ones after. Im sure we had to talk about how neurotransmitters were released on arrival of an impulse. Some posts say it was about why the anemone was habituated (post synapse unable to repolarise etc)
I think i answered that one okay, its just the ones after. Im sure we had to talk about how neurotransmitters were released on arrival of an impulse. Some posts say it was about why the anemone was habituated (post synapse unable to repolarise etc)

I thought it asked what the effect of habituation would be on the anemone itself? so they would withdraw their tentacles less, the more they become habituated? It was only 1 mark

Its easy to get worked up! Waiting for results eek fingers crossed good luck everyone
Its easy to get worked up! Waiting for results eek fingers crossed good luck everyone

Yeah i totally feel you. Lets pray results day turns out fine! :smile:
Original post by Downymouse59
im guessing, but i said: if the 1st gene is on, then the 2nd is off, which means the 3rd is on... and because the 3rd gene inhibits the 1st, the 1st would turn off, causing the 2nd one to turn on, and the 3rd one to turn off, and the cycle repeats
Hopefully it's not wrong :/

Yeah I said something similar along the lines of transcription factors are produced from each gene which acts as promoters/ terminators for the next gene :smile: Hopefully it's right
What did you guys say about the features of a metabolic pathway when nitrogen from the atmosphere is converted into ammonia using bacteria? It was like 4 marks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending