The Student Room Group

OCR Biology A2 F214/F215 exams June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jess5ss
For the last gap fill I wrote tertiary structure, would I get that???

thats what i put too! cant see why its wrong tbh
Original post by Arima
-praying we won't get the jan 13 boundaries-

We are so getting Jan 13 grade boundaries
does anybody know of an unofficial mark scheme?
Ooh there were also questions about why explants need to be sterilised
What was the right amswer

Was it not just in step 2 when it was saying you have to digest the gene from the mammoth or something like that. The word should have been exracted rather than digested?

Thats what i was thinking anyway like since when do they get digested please...
Original post by lucyjane111
it was social behaviour for the chimp one wasnt it? because it specifically asked in terms of chimps not the little monkeys, it also made a point of saying chimps hunt in groups

That's what I thought, I put social too but a lot of people are saying insight, but they aren't actually using tools or the surroundings so idk?
something to do with preventing contamination in the culture and slowing the growth of the explant into a callus
Original post by Arual98
That's what I thought, I put social too but a lot of people are saying insight, but they aren't actually using tools or the surroundings so idk?

yeah wouldnt have been insight, think people are just over complicating it
I said that instead of 'digesting' the DNA, the enzyme 'hydrolysed' the sugar phosphate backbone
Original post by Ula456
the last stage (cant remember which animal)
hawk and something?..
Cause its the highest trophic level in the food chain and energy will have been lost along the food chain due to excretion e.t.c

Efficient. So disregard the actual numbers. I think I put the first stage, things like cellulose can't be digested by many organisms, and they use a lot of energy in respiration etc, so less is converted to biomass. At high levels transfer -has- to be efficient because there's so little energy.
Original post by AnnekaChan173
We are so getting Jan 13 grade boundaries

Most of Jan 13 was filling in spaces and ticking boxes!!
Original post by AnnekaChan173
Efficient. So disregard the actual numbers. I think I put the first stage, things like cellulose can't be digested by many organisms, and they use a lot of energy in respiration etc, so less is converted to biomass. At high levels transfer -has- to be efficient because there's so little energy.

did it not ask about which is the most ineffecient transfer of energy?? therefore it was the last one from the second last one as it has travelled the most thereforelots has been wasted in the process?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by islay123
did it not ask about which is the most ineffecient transfer of energy?? therefore it was the last one from the second last one as it has travelled the most there lots has been wasted in the process?

It was the first stage, as efficiency INCREASES up a food chain- we are taught that its inefficient, which is true, energy is still lost, but the % of biomass that is digested increases.
UNOFFICAL MARKSCHEME attached !!!! ImageUploadedByStudent Room1466699515.049298.jpg ImageUploadedByStudent Room1466699540.642822.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1466699558.275473.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1466699569.950333.jpg

(questions may not be in correct order and answers are overall opinion and my opinion from reading answers don't tell me to go do BTEC hair and beauty please )

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anymorefor123
Aaran please may you make an unofficial markscheme ! You answers are always right . Please I'd really appreciate that :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I made one check the latest page

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by islay123
did it not ask about which is the most ineffecient transfer of energy?? therefore it was the last one from the second last one as it has travelled the most thereforelots has been wasted in the process?

Yeah, the first step is the most inefficient. As you go up the food chain, less energy is available, so energy transfer has to become more efficient. Primary consumers respire, move, use energy to stay warm and cannot break down some of the biomass of plants (cellulose), so not much of this energy is converted to biomass, making this step v inefficient. there was a question in a past paper where the herbivores converted a lower percentage of energy to biomass than carnivores did too.
Original post by Hollyht
UNOFFICAL MARKSCHEME attached !!!! ImageUploadedByStudent Room1466699515.049298.jpg ImageUploadedByStudent Room1466699540.642822.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1466699558.275473.jpgImageUploadedByStudent Room1466699569.950333.jpg

(questions may not be in correct order and answers are overall opinion and my opinion from reading answers don't tell me to go do BTEC hair and beauty please )

Posted from TSR Mobile

10.5 was the rounded answer for chi squared no?
I have a copy of the exam and i can give it to someone for unofficial markscheme if you pm me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending