The Student Room Group

A2 OCR Transport Economics F584 2016 (23/06/16)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Adam97s
What about for the essay? I referred to regulation tax and subsidies not confident

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did the same, a CC for urban areas, Subsidy to bus market and regulation
Original post by ppe/gov&econ
'Economic effects' refers to giving economic analysis of the environmental effects, so explaining the external costs to the environment with the environment as the third party

I wrote about negative externalities then gave examples at the end (visual intrusion, respiratory diseases so nhs costs)... not looking great
how many marks will i drop for not relating the 15 marker on the environment? For some reason I stupidly didn't read the question fully
Reply 103
lol question 4a was a joke, do they want us to talk about economic effects or enviromental impacts???? Ended up writing 7 points. Could we talk about business productivity fallin from increase cars on the use, leading to increase costs for firm as an economic effect lol, i just didn't know what they wanted exactly
Original post by samh2301
how many marks will i drop for not relating the 15 marker on the environment? For some reason I stupidly didn't read the question fully

If the question was about the environment and you have not referred to it you are not quite answering the question L1'or low L2. I haven't yet seen the question though
Original post by keynes24
If the question was about the environment and you have not referred to it you are not quite answering the question L1'or low L2. I haven't yet seen the question though

ah okay cheers :frown:
were you just meant to write about the effects on the environment or did you have to say all of the effects on e.g. the NHS. For air pollution I just wrote that it would lead to global warming to destroy habitats so lead to biodiversity, would that be fine?
*reduced biodiversity
Original post by Yousf
lol question 4a was a joke, do they want us to talk about economic effects or enviromental impacts???? Ended up writing 7 points. Could we talk about business productivity fallin from increase cars on the use, leading to increase costs for firm as an economic effect lol, i just didn't know what they wanted exactly

So true. The actual wording of the question made it difficult to work out what we're supposed to write
i didn't mention the overall environment much only in about two points i explicitly referenced it. My other points discussed externalties on economic agents and the effect on the economy. What is the maximum I can get? I did a range of 4-5 points.
Original post by andygeor
ayyy glad to read that first paragraph! thought i was being a complete ret when i talked about lower crop yields and unemployment because of air quality haha

Did you not discuss subsidies and regulation as well?
Reply 111
Original post by Adam97s
Did you not discuss subsidies and regulation as well?

I believe they are talking about question 4a not 4b
Reply 112

It was more or less phrased 'Analyse the economic effects that increased road transport use has on the environment'
Original post by lagoon
It was more or less phrased 'Analyse the economic effects that increased road transport use has on the environment'

Analyse the economic effects of an increase in the demand for road transport on the environment.

Noise pollution or other negative externality not linked to the environment wouldn't help an answer L3
Analyse the economic effects of an increase in the demand for road transport on the environment.

Noise pollution or other negative externality not linked to the environment wouldn't help an answer L3

What sort of things would get marks?
Original post by coolguy123456
What sort of things would get marks?

I think something like air pollution, congestion, green belt areas used for building roads..........
I think something like air pollution, congestion, green belt areas used for building roads..........

i spoke about CO2 pollution leading to strain on NHS, congestion, also drew Negative externality diagram and spoke about noise pollution, damage to wildlife habitat etc as paragraphs and had 3 developed ones so would that get me 13+?
Original post by coolguy123456
i spoke about CO2 pollution leading to strain on NHS, congestion, also drew Negative externality diagram and spoke about noise pollution, damage to wildlife habitat etc as paragraphs and had 3 developed ones so would that get me 13+?

I don't know. NHS and noise pollution are not really affecting the environment. I am afraid without looking at your full answer and mark scheme can't tell you whether is L3 or lower. I am speculating with my comments.
I don't know. NHS and noise pollution are not really affecting the environment. I am afraid without looking at your full answer and mark scheme can't tell you whether is L3 or lower. I am speculating with my comments.

That's fair enough, thanks for the help.
What did everyone put for the question on whether the rail infrastructure should be run by a monopoly? Also what were the fixed costs?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending