The Student Room Group

£350 million to the NHS a week is a "mistake"?

While campaigning for Brexit, Nigel Farrage and Brexit campaigners had clearly gotten printed on buses stating how there would be £350 million being given to the NHS a week if Britain left the EU nevertheless, now Farrage claims that this was a "mistake" after many hours of Brexit supporters celebrating their victory on leaving the EU. Surely a "mistake" couldn't have been printed on a bus just like that without Brexit campaigners examining what has actually been claimed. What views do everyone else have on this matter? Clearly we have all been deceived in a way...
👇👇👇👇 Farrage clearly says it was a "mistake"

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-referendum-result-nigel-farage-nhs-pledge-disowns-350-million-pounds-a7099906.html

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Nope, it was a lie.
Yep. Matt Elliot did the same thing for No to AV.

Oh and we're going to get free movement of people still.

I actually feel slightly sorry for those poor fools who voted leave on those issues.
Oops! Spent a few million pounds advertising lies by mistake!

No sympathy for the morons that believed this. People tried to tell them over, and over, and over.
Stop spreading lies.

I do not like Farage nor support him but he never said that £350 Million would be provided for the NHS, nor is that what the bus said.

Read it carefully, he said we should re-invest that money into the NHS, not that they would get the entire £350 Million.

\Nowhere on the bus does it say "Let's send the NHS £350 MILLION instead"

That's a lie

(edited 7 years ago)
It was simply a blatant lie and anyone who blindly believed it... Well... I hope this is a wake up call.
Reply 6
That's what happens when you support UKIP.
Reply 7
If those cretins voted to leave because of what was written on a ****ing coach, God they are ****ing *****!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fantastic Fan
Stop spreading lies.

I do not like Farage nor support him but he never said that £350 Million would be provided for the NHS, nor is that what the bus said.

Read it carefully, he said we should re-invest that money into the NHS, not that they would get the entire £350 Million.

That's a lie

Well yeah obviously, because we didn't send them £350million in the first place.

It's hilarious seeing the Brexiteers trying to justify their lies even after Farage has admitted he was full of ****.
Reply 9
Original post by HopelessMedic
Nope, it was a lie.

The remain campaign lied about the EU having no plans for an EU Army. Yet today those plans were unveiled...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4186557

Pot, kettle.........
Stop spreading lies.

That's a lie

Well, the Bus isn't going to say the truth

We send the EU £350 Million every week.

Let's send the NHS £0 after some more privatisation.
(edited 7 years ago)
They said £100 million a week extra would be spent on the NHS by 2020 I believe. Anyway, as Nigel was not involved in the Vote Leave camp, he isn't really lying as he didn't say it.
Original post by JordanL_
Well yeah obviously, because we didn't send them £350million in the first place.

It's hilarious seeing the Brexiteers trying to justify their lies even after Farage has admitted he was full of ****.

You're changing the topic. The topic was if Nigel Farage said that if we left the EU he would send the NHS £350 Million each week, which is a blatant lie, neither him nor the bus said this.

The actual amount of money the UK gives to the EU on a weekly basis is another discussion, and yes I do agree that the £350 Million figure is a lie (the actual figure is around £230M), but that's not the discussion
Original post by welshiee
The remain campaign lied about the EU having no plans for an EU Army. Yet today those plans were unveiled...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4186557

Pot, kettle.........

Military Cooperation = EU Army.

More Brexit lies.
Original post by DorianGrayism
Military Cooperation = EU Army.

More Brexit lies.

Yes, of course.

Listen to your supreme leader.

http://www.euractiv.com/section/global-europe/news/juncker-nato-is-not-enough-eu-needs-an-army/
Original post by Halzy1234
While campaigning for Brexit, Nigale Farrage and Brexit campaigners had clearly gotten printed on buses stating how there would be £350 million being given to the NHS a week if Britain left the EU nevertheless, now Farrage claims that this was a "mistake" after many hours of Brexit supporters celebrating their victory on leaving the EU. Surely a "mistake" couldn't have been printed on a bus just like that without Brexit campaigners examining what has actually been claimed. What views do everyone else have on this matter? Clearly we have all been deceived in a way...

Posted from TSR Mobile

There was no deceiving.. they said multiple times the 10 billion or so the EU takes could be spent on the NHS. The leave campaign were not some party delivering a manifesto promise... they made it incredibly clear this money plunged into the EU dictats pockets could be spent on our public services or anything for that matter

Lol.

Yes, Juncker decides everything. Merkel bows to what he wants.

Only a matter of time before, the UK would be forced to send their army with an EU Diktat.
Original post by Halzy1234
While campaigning for Brexit, Nigale Farrage and Brexit campaigners had clearly gotten printed on buses stating how there would be £350 million being given to the NHS a week if Britain left the EU nevertheless, now Farrage claims that this was a "mistake" after many hours of Brexit supporters celebrating their victory on leaving the EU. Surely a "mistake" couldn't have been printed on a bus just like that without Brexit campaigners examining what has actually been claimed. What views do everyone else have on this matter? Clearly we have all been deceived in a way...

Posted from TSR Mobile

13502111_641606735991277_1745767018381634190_n.jpg
Think this kinda sums it up.

I'm honestly not surprised though, and I do not know why people are surprised that this was a lie, parties have been doing sketchy **** like this since the dawn of time. Anyone who did fall for this though without research is a drooling idiot however.
Original post by DorianGrayism
Lol.

Yes, Juncker decides everything. Merkel bows to what he wants.

Only a matter of time before, the UK would be forced to send their army with an EU Diktat.

He's your supreme leader you all love and admire. You're always welcome to go and live in another European country. After all, you have a good degree so why not?
You're changing the topic. The topic was if Nigel Farage said that if we left the EU he would send the NHS £350 Million each week, which is a blatant lie, neither him nor the bus said this.

The actual amount of money the UK gives to the EU on a weekly basis is another discussion, and yes I do agree that the £350 Million figure is a lie (the actual figure is around £230M), but that's not the discussion

Lol. Funny thing is that Farage completely disowns the bus and says that zero will be sent to the NHS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending