The Student Room Group

People who claim Brexiters are less intelligent than Bremainers...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
As Winston Churchill said: "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter", in other words the average person hasn't got a clue about the complexity and repercussions of these decisions and they're ****ing morons, that's why we voted leave.
Reply 81
Original post by Samiz
The Leave campaign don't have a plan because the Leave campaign is not a political party or in government. The next government will devise the plan.

The biggest bank in Germany said that Britain would thrive post Brexit.

We voted to leave on Friday, less than 2 days ago. Since then, America, Canada, South Korea, Iceland, Switzerland, Ghana, Australia and New Zealand to name a few have spoken about negotiating close, free trade relations with us. In the long term, we'll be more prosperous in terms of trade as we can finally negotiate our own trade deals.

And both campaigns have lied. Apparently voting to leave would cost 3,000,000 jobs, and families will be £4,300 a year worse off. Just two lies from the remain campaign.

"traders will no longer export from us because it is too expensive" So every single company/business/trader is going to suddenly stop exporting any single thing from us. And you have the audacity to criticize others' intelligence?

Sorry, Boris was part of the Leave campaign, as is Gove, they're in government.
Brexit campaign has been found to have lied on almost 80% of their arguments. I didn't specifically say all traders either, I just said traders, most likely the big fish we profit from will cease exporting/importing from us/to us.

It's more risky given the distance of these countries, and besides we've already had trade relations with those countries in the past. We're going to have far less now, don't you understand that we've cut off one of our own limbs?
Voting to leave does risk millions of jobs that rely on the EU, mostly educational institutions like universities where a lot of the lecturers come from abroad. Families aren't going to prosper, read what I said again, prices of everything is going to go up.
I'm criticising the intelligence of people who clearly don't realise how much we're risking here but leaving.
Original post by AverageExcellence
you jelly of my smarty?

3 A's isn't even good, it's decent. If you think getting 3 A's is something to be proud of then you're living in a delusion
Original post by JoeyTr
As Winston Churchill said: "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter", in other words the average person hasn't got a clue about the complexity and repercussions of these decisions and they're ****ing morons, that's why we voted leave.

Didn't Winston Churchill also say "Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others."?
Reply 85
Original post by MintyMilk
3 A's isn't even good, it's decent. If you think getting 3 A's is something to be proud of then you're living in a delusion

Rather get 3 As than turn out to be an arrogant snob.
Original post by Samiz

We voted to leave on Friday, less than 2 days ago. Since then, America,

Lol. No, they didn't. They just said they have a special relationship and other generic crap.

Their positions depend on our position with the EU.

Do you think the Americans announce their trading positions publicly?

Found the elitist. 3 As is fantastic.
Reply 88
Original post by Samiz
The Leave campaign don't have a plan because the Leave campaign is not a political party or in government. The next government will devise the plan. However the campaign a few weeks ago did suggest a few things the UK could enact post Brexit.

The biggest bank in Germany said that Britain would thrive post Brexit.

We voted to leave on Friday, less than 2 days ago. Since then, America, Canada, South Korea, Iceland, Switzerland, Ghana, Australia and New Zealand to name a few have spoken about negotiating close, free trade relations with us. In the long term, we'll be more prosperous in terms of trade as we can finally negotiate our own trade deals.

And both campaigns have lied. Apparently voting to leave would cost 3,000,000 jobs, and families will be £4,300 a year worse off. Just two lies from the remain campaign.

"traders will no longer export from us because it is too expensive" So every single company/business/trader is going to suddenly stop exporting any single thing from us. And you have the audacity to criticize others' intelligence?

Also both sides should have a plan from the off start, in power or not in power. It's not a decision to be taken lightly, there should've been clear "blueprints" visible to everybody in the UK, what we would do if we left, what we would do if we stayed. The Remain campaign delivered on that, Leave didn't. So you've risked even more by not planning ahead, and it's happened. I can't believe people still believe leaving is the right thing to do.
Reply 89
Original post by sorry13
Also both sides should have a plan from the off start, in power or not in power. It's not a decision to be taken lightly, there should've been clear "blueprints" visible to everybody in the UK, what we would do if we left, what we would do if we stayed. The Remain campaign delivered on that, Leave didn't. So you've risked even more by not planning ahead, and it's happened. I can't believe people still believe leaving is the right thing to do.

Please link me to Remain's 'plan'? Never seen that.
Reply 90
Original post by TercioOfParma
Well, if you're trying to make a case you should do it with decorum. You just make yourself look stupid, I am trying to help you here.

Please patronise somebody else.
Original post by Thutmose-III
Does everyone think that? Or are you stuck in a rather pathetic middle-class bubble and with your limited social circle you don't really know clever Brexiters?

My two most intelligent friends, both Oxford graduates, vote Leave. But they don't have that desperate middle/lower-middle class need to assert their "little European" identity as a cipher for sophistication and worldliness that isn't actually there.

I will have you know I am currently upper class.

But regardless I was being sarcastic on the grounds that the op was saying don't use university degree as a standard of intelligence based on the fact its is relatively easy to get some sort of degree.

And yes I know smart leavers, I disagree with them but respect their reasoning.
Original post by sorry13
The NHS stuff was on the side of his bloody advert bus. Which he travelled inside.

It was a stupid advert but it was never central to the campaign, we save 350m a week, that is the ultimate point, yeah it was an own goal but it is not like it was completely made up it had a point to it.

Original post by sorry13

There's no such thing as peaceful negotiation or leaving the EU on good terms, every country in the EU will do their best to take their economies and surpass our own.

Governments don't manage their interests in spite, it would be mutually beneficial to have access to each other's markets and that is why the german finance minister said it would be foolish of the EU not to accommodate britain, they are about to sign TTIP, everybody wants to make money, the gain of one is not the loss of another.

Original post by sorry13

And the EU is not a shrinking market place, it's one of the biggest in the world.

It is shrinking in comparison to the world economy, its comparative size doesn't make it successful in its own right. The concept of trade blocs only really works when you are the most productive and proactive bloc, but the emerging markets are in the BRICS and developing markets now, we'd be silly to seal ourselves off from securing our best interests in those countries, yes the EU trades with them but they are far more restrictive than we could be.

Original post by sorry13

These other countries, South Korea, Israel, Vietnam, Canada, you know who pulls their strings? USA in most part. They also have unstable governments and poor infrastructure.

Canada, South Korea have unstable governments? ok then if you say so, they trade with them because its beneficial for a larger market to enter a smaller market because it is far better placed to be competitive, considering we're a very large import market they'd be silly not to offer similar deals.

Original post by sorry13

It's better to be inside making decisions and be at the table discussing things and negotiating, than to be out and not have a say, as Norway are.

We had 9% of the say, now we have 100% of a say and we don't have to compromise our national interests in this misguided venture of pooled sovereignty. We are not going to be like Norway, to compare the 5th largest economy in the world to Norway is just disingenuous.. we will compromise sure but we will not accept Norway's situation we will get something more tailor made to our interests.

Original post by sorry13

Farage should've bloody come forward and said it was a lie from the beginning then shouldn't he? Done the honourable thing for a change. He's a no-good racist b*stard and I wouldn't trust him as far as I could thrown him.

You do yourself no favours by calling him a racist, it just demeans what is potentially valid criticism of him, he may be many things but he's not racist.
Original post by richpanda
This isn't a brexit vs remain argument. This was showing that a university education does not make you more intelligent than someone without one. I'm sure James is academic enough to get 2 D grades at A level if he can set up a successful business.

who is this james, he sounds wonderful.

Does he have beautiful looks and the ability to to get a degree in a STEM subject because if he does not why would I care for his opinion.

Depends on the year you go. You're referring to 2014 applications. My sister started at 2012.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/universityeducation/9455548/University-admissions-most-competitive-degree-courses.html?frame=2300954

Number 2.

I love how you're giving off the impression that just because my sister got into a course with a "higher" intake you think it was piss easy to get into.

loool kk, you're really hurting my feelings now, im a stupid leave voter who reads the sun newspaper and hates all things foreign.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 96
Original post by Samiz

There's a **** ton of manifestos, articles and speeches both in newspapers, on TV and on the internet, I'm answering 4 other people here, and even so EU if we'd stayed, we would have negotiated on finance so that people had a clearer idea of what we spent on what and where within the EU, people would have a bill of rights potentially which would underline their rights with the EU better (similar to the US Constitution) we'd negotiate borders and our intake of immigrants and free movement, also fishing boundaries and borders too. It was all going to be smooth negotiation to diminish the high levels of apathy of people who wanted to leave the EU. There's loads on it.
Original post by sorry13
No, I've done better than you in my education, I'm just not voicing it. Because there's a difference between institutionalised education and common sense.

Sounds like you're definitely jelly of my smarty
Original post by Samiz

What plan? Just keep things the way they were.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 99
Original post by AverageExcellence

You do yourself no favours by calling him a racist, it just demeans what is potentially valid criticism of him, he may be many things but he's not racist.

Everything you've said is another regurgitated lie -- Canada doesn't have an unstable government but you might want to check on South Korea and it's relations with NK and China... look at how it affects their government.

No we have zero say now. Zero say. The EU will continue to exist and affect us.

I'm going to ask why on earth you don't think Farage is racist? Were you born yesterday?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending