The Student Room Group

FP3 UK June 2016 Model Solutions with paper

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by ninjass
Definitely I would not be surpirsed if it was above 70* for an A*, it was so so easy. The hyperbolic question (5coshx - 4 sinhx) was exact same to june 2012 as well. Edexcel have been weird this year, M2 and FP2 were very tricky whereas c3, c4, s3, and fp3 was very easy!! I would expect very high bounderies for c3, c4, s3 and fp3 now :frown:

FP2 was tricky?*
It looked really easy.*
Original post by Mr.cool
FP2 was tricky?*
It looked really easy.*

Naa it was definitely harder than all the past papers
Think I've got 95-100 UMS in FP3 and M2 (with all the right answers just leaving room for missing method marks or something), which will hopefully full up S2 (or to a lesser extent FP2) enough for the A*.
Original post by Foutre en L'air
Think I've got 95-100 UMS in FP3 and M2 (with all the right answers just leaving room for missing method marks or something), which will hopefully full up S2 (or to a lesser extent FP2) enough for the A*.

Nice one mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths

Sounds like your being sarcastic lol

Definitely an A* - well done:smile:

Same here I think i got ums wise

s2-98 Done last year
s3 - 88
m2 - 84
fp2 - 87
fp3 - 100
Sounds like your being sarcastic lol

Na, being serious man nice one.
Did you decide what to Firm in the end?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ninjass
Definitely an A* - well done:smile:

Same here I think i got ums wise

s2-98 Done last year
s3 - 88
m2 - 84
fp2 - 87
fp3 - 100

Chek my ums out
S3 70
S4 40
D1 10
D2 55
M3 100
M4 100
M5 75

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Really 67 for an A? Ouch that's what I think I got.
Reply 29
Original post by kprime2
Edexcel uk paper. I thought this was really easy bar 7(a). However this was only worth 3 marks so it's not too bad.
I wouldn't worry about 4(i) much. By not use a calculator, they mean you can't simply evaluate the answer using a calculator that has a facility for numerical integration. As long as you showed some working and got an answer you'll be fine.

67 for an A I reckon

What do you reckon I'll get out of 8 for this disastrous answer? I was a complete idiot :frown: I thought you had to use the given that y=... part but obviously not :biggrin: What are your estimates on grade boundaries for FP2 and M2. I got 73/75 in fp2, 72/75 in M2 and 67/75 in FP3 (plus whatever I would get in that question). Enough for A*?
Original post by target21859
What do you reckon I'll get out of 8 for this disastrous answer? I was a complete idiot :frown: I thought you had to use the given that y=... part but obviously not :biggrin: What are your estimates on grade boundaries for FP2 and M2. I got 73/75 in fp2, 72/75 in M2 and 67/75 in FP3 (plus whatever I would get in that question). Enough for A*?

Seems like enough!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Enough for A*?

Worst case scenario:
FP2 - 96 UMS (I think it might be 100)
M2 - 94 UMS
FP3 - 80 UMS

Which is literally just 270 UMS. :biggrin:
Reply 32
Original post by Ayman!
Worst case scenario:
M2 - 94 UMS
FP3 - 80 UMS

That's if I get those marks I could get less. What do you think the most likely case would be? What do you think grade boundaries will be for fp2 and m2? 67/75 A* for both?
Reply 33
That's if I get those marks I could get less. What do you think the most likely case would be? What do you think grade boundaries will be for fp2 and m2? 67/75 A* for both?

67-68 looks like a good shout for both, yeah. 69-70 for FP3 looks justified.
Oh youll definitely get a* no problem
I feel the same lol - but its still am A* so im not complaining!!!
Original post by Ayman!
Worst case scenario:
M2 - 94 UMS
FP3 - 80 UMS

Original post by IronicalMan
Out of curiosity, how many of you are at state schools? I've yet to hear of one that does fp3 which tbf, I would have found easier and more enjoyable than s2 or m2

I'm going to a state school, moreover, to a further education college, which is considered to be way below a 6th form college :smile:
However, there were only 3 students in my A2 further maths class XD...
There is a 6th form college nearby where I know they do Fp2 and Fp3.
(I've done both FP2 and FP3 as well)

The problem is that there aren't enough qualified teachers to teach the FP modules.
Na, being serious man nice one.
Did you decide what to Firm in the end?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I firmed Soton but probably not going to go to uni tbh I'll see what happens
I firmed Soton but probably not going to go to uni tbh I'll see what happens

Gap year?? Or no uni at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gap year?? Or no uni at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thought about no uni for a few years and just working but was thinking about reapplying and all but idk about it if id fit in
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending