The Student Room Group

I need your kind help immediately 😭😭

Hi, I'm Japanese and going to study at UK postgraduate course from this September.

I have gotten an offer from two uni,Brighton and Oxford Brookes, and both courses are related to business especially management.
While I need to chose the either one asap, I don't have enough information to make my minds.

Although the Brookes got the higher position in uni ranking at 45th with the Brighton arround 90th, some of my friends totally disagreed to enter the Brookes. They said that there are full of unqualified students like buying their way into the school(I know it's a terrible joke)

Anyway, I'm really confused by huge information, and I lost my direction......😢

Which uni is better place to study????
Please give me an advise, anything would be a great help for me🙂
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm not sure about Brighton, I only know one person who went there, but Oxford Brookes is a very nice place; aside from the wheatley campus, it's very close to the centre of Oxford, which has a lot of history behind it :smile: I have a few friends at Brookes and they love it; it seems to do a lot for its students, but again, I'm not 100% sure on what Brighton is like :smile:
Oxford would be the more exciting student experience, equivalent of being in Harvard or Stanford or Princeton!

Oxford is close (1 hour) to London, £10 return on the National Express coach service.

Oxford Brookes is a great university!
Go where the course is more interesting and you'll get more out of the experience. Don't worry about rankings.
Reply 4
Original post by alleycat393
Go where the course is more interesting and you'll get more out of the experience. Don't worry about rankings.

Thank you for giving me an advise😌

Exactly, you got to the point!!!!!
Reply 5
Original post by Gapyearstudent54
I'm not sure about Brighton, I only know one person who went there, but Oxford Brookes is a very nice place; aside from the wheatley campus, it's very close to the centre of Oxford, which has a lot of history behind it :smile: I have a few friends at Brookes and they love it; it seems to do a lot for its students, but again, I'm not 100% sure on what Brighton is like :smile:

Thank you for giving me advise!!😜I agree with that Oxford is brilliant city to stay, but i didn't know there a lot of things youth can have fun🤔As for the Brighton, I'll ask someone else!!Thank you very much!!!
Reply 6
Original post by post-grad-u-ate
Oxford would be the more exciting student experience, equivalent of being in Harvard or Stanford or Princeton!

Oxford is close (1 hour) to London, £10 return on the National Express coach service.

Oxford Brookes is a great university!

Thank you for an advise.
I'm quit surprised that you really evaluate the Brookes highly.
Anyway, thank you very much!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending