The Student Room Group

Angela Eagle drops out of Labour leadership bid

Scroll to see replies

She is just an all around pathetic person, took her seemingly an eternity to even start her bid (which journalists didn't even bother going to lol!), good riddance, unfortunately, the other challenger is equally as pathetic as her.
I guess she lives by the saying "quit while you're still ahead"
Reply 3
omfg
can we not go 5 minutes without people quitting leadership runs

looking at u lot johnson, leadsom, eagle
Can't decide what's funnier, how few people cared that she was running or the even lower amount of people the care she's dropped out
Reply 5
Woman! Make up your mind !
labour get your **** together
Original post by The_Opinion
She is just an all around pathetic person, took her seemingly an eternity to even start her bid (which journalists didn't even bother going to lol!), good riddance, unfortunately, the other challenger is equally as pathetic as her.

don't speak ill of my habibi,Jeremy :love:
Original post by MrDystopia
Labour are so all over the place it's hilarious.

At least it's giving the media something to report on during silly season for a change...
Reply 9
Uninspiring and deluded leadership challenger discovers that her peers don't think as much of her as she did of herself.

It's the same for Corbyn in the PLP of course but the difference is that Corbyn has the backing of the overwhelming majority of the members of his Protest Cult. Those are predominantly naive young people with no life experience plus a few 70s throwback.
As someone who hopes to be able to vote Labour in 2020, I hope someone leaps out of the woodwork who will be electable, with clear ideas and charisma. None of the current candidates really fit that description.

Being pro-Brexit is also important, as that's waht the country decided.
Original post by Samii123
I guess she lives by the saying "quit while you're still ahead"

No, she dropped out to give Owen Smith a clear run at the leadership so the vote wouldn't be split
Original post by MildredMalone
As someone who hopes to be able to vote Labour in 2020, I hope someone leaps out of the woodwork who will be electable, with clear ideas and charisma. None of the current candidates really fit that description.

I am shocked that you are looking to vote for them traitorous jokers.
Angela is bae
She sounds like she's about to cry every time she talks. Imagine her as PM doing the PMQs. It would've been painful to watch. It's good that she dropped out.

Gotta be honest, I think Labour should seriously be considering Gisela Stuart. I mean, they won't cause she's a Brexiter, but she was one of the few to come out of the Brexit debate with her reputation enhanced. She strikes me as an incredibly intelligent person, a consummate politician and a brilliant public speaker. She's pretty much the only person in the Parliamentary Labour Party who strikes me as remotely competent. I guess she's also a little too centrist for the Corbynistas though.

Ironically, if she were to defect I think the Tories would welcome her with open arms.
Original post by The_Opinion
I am shocked that you are looking to vote for them traitorous jokers.

I'm relatively left-leaning, but some of my more prominent views are right-ish.

That said, I'd feel safer under a right wing government who maintained strong borders etc.
The Labour Party are disgusting parasites. They do NOT represent the views of the electorate and need to get the hell out of politics, the lot of them. I can't wait to watch them self destruct and will openly laugh in the face of anyone who claims to support this joke of a party.

Britain is a right wing country and they have no place in it.
I'm relatively left-leaning, but some of my more prominent views are right-ish.

That said, I'd feel safer under a right wing government who maintained strong borders etc.

The remaining challenger for the Labour Party has even suggested that if he was to win election, he would be open for another referendum / other methods to keep us in the EU, another democracy hating Labour MP, I don't see how you (after agreeing with many of your comments) could possibly agree with the Labour Party. This is the party that enabled the sexual abuse of thousands of girls in this country.
Smith will have the right to lose to Corbyn. Farewell Labour, you were a lean mean election fighting machine. The likes of Abbott, McDonnell and others make you look like a protest group.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending