The Student Room Group

AQA English Language

How harsh are examiners when it comes to marking exam papers? I've read examiners report on GCSE English Language and well the marks given out to students are somewhat limited. I constantly got As throughout language mocks, but reading the examiner reports I think my teacher may have been too kind.
Original post by mizan200
How harsh are examiners when it comes to marking exam papers? I've read examiners report on GCSE English Language and well the marks given out to students are somewhat limited. I constantly got As throughout language mocks, but reading the examiner reports I think my teacher may have been too kind.

They are accurate, not harsh, and they reward students rather than penalise them.

If it's any consultation, my A2 English Lit teacher was a GCSE examiner before and she said that she was always told to consider half marks: if she was contemplating between 3 or 4 out of 8, she'd consider whether she'd give 3.5 and, if so, she'd go for 4, as otherwise, she's not giving them that .5 credit.

I hope that shows you that examiners are always trying to reward you and you shouldn't be worried :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending