The Student Room Group

Drama A-Level for Vet Med?

I have decided to take A-Level Biology, Chemistry and French but still having a crisis with choosing my 4th subject that I'll drop after AS.
I'm thinking about taking Drama because I really enjoy it and I do well in it but I know it isn't the most respected of subjects... Would I be put at a disadvantage if I had Drama for AS?
Reply 1
I really don't think you would be at a disadvantage, considering your other 3 A-Levels are very strong, and you have biology and chemistry there. So I'd say do what you enjoy for the 4th AS! And if it's reassuring, a friend of mine is currently employed as a software engineer, and he did a drama degree! :biggrin:
As long as you've got biology and chemistry it doesn't matter what your other two choices are, and it's important you pick something you enjoy so you then do well in if. For example if I had picked maths for A level (I suck at maths) I'd have done terribly because I really don't enjoy it and I would have struggled, so pick what you enjoy and what you're strong at.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by JC52
I really don't think you would be at a disadvantage, considering your other 3 A-Levels are very strong, and you have biology and chemistry there. So I'd say do what you enjoy for the 4th AS! And if it's reassuring, a friend of mine is currently employed as a software engineer, and he did a drama degree! :biggrin:

That's reassuring, thank you! :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by Lizziefickling
As long as you've got biology and chemistry it doesn't matter what your other two choices are, and it's important you pick something you enjoy so you then do well in if. For example if I had picked maths for A level (I suck at maths) I'd have done terribly because I really don't enjoy it and I would have struggled, so pick what you enjoy and what you're strong at.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good point - I was considering maths a while ago but I loath it so much :tongue:
Do you think it would be the same if I were to keep Drama for A2 (along with chem and bio)? It's unlikely that I'd drop french and do drama instead for A2, but I'd like to consider everything.
Original post by buzzyambee
Good point - I was considering maths a while ago but I loath it so much :tongue:
Do you think it would be the same if I were to keep Drama for A2 (along with chem and bio)? It's unlikely that I'd drop french and do drama instead for A2, but I'd like to consider everything.

Won't matter as long as you've got the core subjects for A2 that they ask for. Doing drama compared to physics for example will make no difference to your application, they can't discriminate against what A levels you choose to do, they just want you to get AAA (or whatever the entry requirements are not) overall

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending