The Student Room Group

My A2 Results - Bittersweet Dissapointment

Results - C (Geography) C (Psychology) and D (Biology).
I worked really hard for my results and when I saw these results my heart sank and I don't know why. I decided that I wasn't going to go to University beforehand and decided I wanted to pursue music as my Guitar teacher told me I have potential for a career. I first didn't want to but the A-Levels stressed me out to a point where at first I took my guitar teacher's wishes to heart and realised that this is what I would enjoy in life.
I applied for Biology for Kent and Surrey. Needless to say I was rejected for both. My parents even got me a tutor for Biology which didn't improve. I came out of the exam feeling very happy that I did well but I got an E on the exam. My friends got into their universities of choice and I hate to feel this feeling of jealousy, I'm not a mean person.
I kinda wanna retake these a levels or maybe with a different exam board maybe AQA (not OCR). These results are embarrassing and I don't want them to be an emotional burden on me for the rest of my life.
I was thinking of getting the papers remarked or looked at whatever cause I felt I did very well :frown:.
I don't know why I'm feeling this way, I just wanted to do well :frown:
Original post by Sidneyy12
I worked really hard for my results and when I saw these results my heart sank and I don't know why. I decided that I wasn't going to go to University beforehand and decided I wanted to pursue music as my Guitar teacher told me I have potential for a career. I first didn't want to but the A-Levels stressed me out to a point where at first I took my guitar teacher's wishes to heart and realised that this is what I would enjoy in life.
I applied for Biology for Kent and Surrey. Needless to say I was rejected for both. My parents even got me a tutor for Biology which didn't improve. I came out of the exam feeling very happy that I did well but I got an E on the exam. My friends got into their universities of choice and I hate to feel this feeling of jealousy, I'm not a mean person.
I kinda wanna retake these a levels or maybe with a different exam board maybe AQA (not OCR). These results are embarrassing and I don't want them to be an emotional burden on me for the rest of my life.
I was thinking of getting the papers remarked or looked at whatever cause I felt I did very well :frown:.

Hey cheer up, it's not the end of the world. I experienced this myself in my first year where I thought I did good in my exams but did actually bad, I tried a new method of studying, where I mades sure I learnt everything required on the syllabus and had a timetable of when to study so I wasn't too stressed. Choosing what you want to do is entirely up to you and the only advise I can give you is that you choose something you will end up liking when you're older. So if you want to give A levels one more try, go for it and all the best ;D
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Reply 3
Original post by Sidneyy12
I worked really hard for my results and when I saw these results my heart sank and I don't know why. I decided that I wasn't going to go to University beforehand and decided I wanted to pursue music as my Guitar teacher told me I have potential for a career. I first didn't want to but the A-Levels stresased me out to a point where at first I took my guitar teacher's wishes to heart and realised that this is what I would enjoy in life.

Maybe take a foundation year, alot of unis are offering whatever course you want + foundation year (the foundation year is beneficial as it might make your first year doing the course easier )

Quick Reply

Latest