The Student Room Group

Best way to start a personal statement for Hispanic Studies?

I've nearly finished my PS for Hispanic Studies, but I'm not quite sure how to go about writing a killer opening sentence. I'm trying not to lean towards cliches because I know that admissions officers have to wade through a myriad of those every year. I think my introduction overall is fine, but I just need something punchy and attention-grabbing to start it off.

As of now, I've haven't decided completely yet, but I'm looking at:
Bristol, Birmingham, Warwick, Nottingham, Queen Mary, Royal Holloway and Coventry (the last two don't offer HS, but Spanish, so I'll have to tweak it for them.)

Any ideas are welcome! x
Write your PS in Spanish.
Original post by ryannaek
I've nearly finished my PS for Hispanic Studies, but I'm not quite sure how to go about writing a killer opening sentence. I'm trying not to lean towards cliches because I know that admissions officers have to wade through a myriad of those every year. I think my introduction overall is fine, but I just need something punchy and attention-grabbing to start it off.

As of now, I've haven't decided completely yet, but I'm looking at:
Bristol, Birmingham, Warwick, Nottingham, Queen Mary, Royal Holloway and Coventry (the last two don't offer HS, but Spanish, so I'll have to tweak it for them.)

Any ideas are welcome! x

In the interest of avoiding clichés, if you're struggling it's fine to leave out an opening sentence or introduction and get straight into your statement. It's often a more helpful use of your character allowance, as applicants often say very little about themselves in their intros, and it is very difficult to avoid saying something hundreds of other applicants have also said.*
Reply 3
Original post by Charlotte49
In the interest of avoiding clichés, if you're struggling it's fine to leave out an opening sentence or introduction and get straight into your statement. It's often a more helpful use of your character allowance, as applicants often say very little about themselves in their intros, and it is very difficult to avoid saying something hundreds of other applicants have also said.*

Right, thank you!
i want to learn hispanic studies because...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending