The Student Room Group

English Poetry NEA help

I have been asked by my teacher to decide the collection of poems that I am going to analyse for my AQA coursework (either through a feminist or post-colonialist lens). I would really like to study poems from a Hispanic poet as I take Spanish A-level and think it would be personally interesting- but it would probably be difficult to research as it's more niche. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to a collection of poetry I could look into studying (not necessarily hispanic), as well as advice for doing well with this piece of work.
Reply 1
Original post by kqterina
I have been asked by my teacher to decide the collection of poems that I am going to analyse for my AQA coursework (either through a feminist or post-colonialist lens). I would really like to study poems from a Hispanic poet as I take Spanish A-level and think it would be personally interesting- but it would probably be difficult to research as it's more niche. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to a collection of poetry I could look into studying (not necessarily hispanic), as well as advice for doing well with this piece of work.

When selecting a collection of poems for your AQA coursework, it's wonderful that you're interested in exploring the works of a Hispanic poet, considering your Spanish A-level studies. While researching niche topics may require additional effort, it can also be a rewarding experience. Here is a suggestions to consider:

"Borderlands/La Frontera: The New Mestiza" by Gloria Anzaldúa: This collection explores themes of identity, borderlands, and the intersection of cultures, providing rich material for feminist and post-colonial analysis.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending