The Student Room Group
London South Bank University
London

Has anyone finished their first year of Mental Health nursing?

I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the first year of Mental Health nursing is like. How many times a week did you have to go in? When do you start your first placement? How much time off did you get for Christmas and Easter? Just want a rough idea so I can prepare myself!
Original post by Sky229
I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the first year of Mental Health nursing is like. How many times a week did you have to go in? When do you start your first placement? How much time off did you get for Christmas and Easter? Just want a rough idea so I can prepare myself!

I'm doing adult nursing, I'm assuming that it's a similar structure. For the placements some people have their first in placement in November, others not until January, we won't find out until we start university which batch we will be in. For the holidays it's 2 weeks at Xmas, 2 at Easter and 4 in the summer. We've been given a provisional enrolment date of Sat 17th September, tbc
London
Depending what group you are in (assuming mental health is the same as the adults), you may not get the two weeks off over Easter except for the bank holiday if you are in placement. 2 weeks off over Christmas and at least 4 weeks over the summer. In the adult cohort, depending on which group you're in determined when some of your annual leave was. I would've thought that enrollment commenced Monday 19th Sept but as I understand, this has not been decided.
Reply 3
I am doing a mental health nursing degree at LSBU

We get 3 weeks off over Christmas and 4 weeks off over august. No Easter break as far as ive been told and I have asked.

Its a full on course but I'm really enjoying it.

I hope this has helped. Let me know if you need any more help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending