The Student Room Group

Transferring Courses from Mental Health Nursing

I have finished my first year of Mental health nursing and have realised that this may not be the right course for me. I have found the toll on my own mental health especially paired with the long hours and excessive travel for placement to be really difficult. However, I would like to stay in university. I am assuming there isn't but thought it was worth asking if anyone knows of any courses which take transfers and would accept the first year credits earned. Thank you.
What type of course would you consider - other healthcare/AHP courses or academic courses?
Reply 2
Original post by normaw
What type of course would you consider - other healthcare/AHP courses or academic courses?

Right now I am very open minded to both. I think I would prefer an academic course but am willing to consider all options.
Original post by millicentipede
Right now I am very open minded to both. I think I would prefer an academic course but am willing to consider all options.

If it's a similar course with some overlap, than a transfer of credits is more likely to be possible. It is best to talk to your uni about this. If a transfer of your credits is not possible for a course you would really like to do, then don't let that put you off. Many students change courses after a year and you should still be eligible for student finance for the full degree if you have only studied for a year.

If you are thinking of healthcare, then therapeutic radiography might be worth considering in terms of the work hours. Work hours are usually between 8 am and 6 pm Monday to Friday, so no night shifts or weekends.

https://www.england.nhs.uk/ahp/role/
Reply 4
Talk to your own Uni about possible transfers or restart on another course now.
This is far easier than switching Unis, and they are far more likely to say yes than another Uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending