The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

University of Bath firmers 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Im a deffered offer holder for 2017. Just checking that I don't need to apply for anything or do anything now?
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by msulli
Im a deffered offer holder for 2017. Just checking that I don't need to apply for anything or do anything now?

I think as long as you've notified the uni I think it's all sorted. Don't know if it's through phone or track I'm not sure
Original post by Alby1234
I'm into Bath for Computer Science with Placement year, anyone else here on the same course? Ended up getting A*A*AA in Physics, Maths, Further Maths and Computing respectively.

Original post by CSLady
I am also on the same course! Wow amazing grades I got AAAB in maths further maths, chemistry and physics the physics is one ums off a B

Hey guys, great job on getting in!
If you have Facebook you should consider joining the 2016 Computer Science freshers group and saying hello!
Here's a link:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/238261606569024/
Reply 243
Original post by sara_od
Has anyone (conditional offer or international student) been allocated a room at marl/sols or the quads?

Hey, I've got a place at Solsbury:smile:
Anyone get into pharmacy?
Anyone still waiting to apply for accommodation? I hope I get somewhere on campus
Reply 246
yep :smile: i found the freshers induction for the department the other day but have already managed to lose the webpage...
Original post by becka98
yep :smile: i found the freshers induction for the department the other day but have already managed to lose the webpage...

http://www.bath.ac.uk/corporate-information/departmental-induction-2016-for-undergraduate-students/
Original post by SeanFM
Hi guys,

This thread is for people firming the University of Bath this year.

Accommodation opens up in April if I remember correctly, and the

Some information about accommodation:

Spoiler

As an icebreaker:

What have you applied for?
Physics (because wooo)
Where are you from?
Horsham (kinda near gatwick?)
What are you studying at the moment?
Physics maths further maths and AS chem (because i liked doing 4 in first year but couldnt justify more history)

What accommodation(s) are you interested in?
Eastwood, anything but a tent
Has anyone else not heard anything about accommodation:s-smilie:
Hi guys!
Physics with Astrophysics (4 year MPhys)
Where are you from?
Bridport, Dorset (watch an episode of Broadchurch, that place)
Access to Science & Engineering course at Bristol College studying Physics, pure maths and engineering maths with grades 45/45 Distinction

Living off campus in a small village just outside Bath called Box, worried im going to be missing out!Looking at joining the Physics society (obviously) and the rugby team, though i've never played. o/
Original post by Robynb_97

I haven't either! Apparently we should hear before 5th of September but I just want to know now :angry:
Original post by 811
No idea, rlly? Well you should probably spend more time on the internet 😂😋🍻. I am not in the UK and I've been desperately trying to find out about public transportation in Bath to figure out if it is more efficient than getting a car. You paid £200 per year!? Man that sounds cheap! What's the difference between Wessex and First busses? Is one more crowded, older, slower... than the other? I'll be living in the city close to thermae spa so what's your insight? Thanks a bunch

Hi!

I'm a second year student at Bath. I would advise against getting a car since you live so close to the centre as you would have to pay for parking and it might be difficult to find parking close to where you live. I have friends who will be living close to there who have said there is no where to park near their house (they are living above a bar).

First bus comes more frequently is more reliable. Wessex is cheaper but comes less often. That is the only difference. They are both equally as crowded during busy times (e.g. in the morning going up to campus, and in the evening travelling back to town).
Original post by JamieMT92
Hi guys!
Physics with Astrophysics (4 year MPhys)
Where are you from?
Bridport, Dorset (watch an episode of Broadchurch, that place)
Access to Science & Engineering course at Bristol College studying Physics, pure maths and engineering maths with grades 45/45 Distinction

Living off campus in a small village just outside Bath called Box, worried im going to be missing out!Looking at joining the Physics society (obviously) and the rugby team, though i've never played. o/

Why did you choose to live in Box? :redface: you going to be living with others?
In a bit of a pickle, I chose the quads as 1st choice accommodation but didn't consider how much maintenance loan I'd get so I didn't really bother looking at the different prices which is a bad mistake. Basically I'm getting the lowest loan available and would need an additional £1.5k to sort my accommodation out let alone finding money for clothes, going out etc. Any ideas on what I can do since they probably already sorted my room out? I'd preferably want to move to Marlborough/solsbury court which is my 2nd choice

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rhyss01
In a bit of a pickle, I chose the quads as 1st choice accommodation but didn't consider how much maintenance loan I'd get so I didn't really bother looking at the different prices which is a bad mistake. Basically I'm getting the lowest loan available and would need an additional £1.5k to sort my accommodation out let alone finding money for clothes, going out etc. Any ideas on what I can do since they probably already sorted my room out? I'd preferably want to move to Marlborough/solsbury court which is my 2nd choice

Posted from TSR Mobile

Get in touch, it's worth a shot - nothing to lose. I would mention that you just can't afford it and need a cheaper accommodation, preferably Marlborough/solsbury.
Original post by itsConnor_
Why did you choose to live in Box? :redface: you going to be living with others?

Its my grandparents old house, going to be moving in with my girlfriend who's starting a PhD next month. Looking forward to it but just a bit worried i'm going to miss out on a lot as it seems quite a few socials and what not are organised by house! Hoping I make some friends early who will adopt me as an honory member!
Original post by SeanFM
Get in touch, it's worth a shot - nothing to lose. I would mention that you just can't afford it and need a cheaper accommodation, preferably Marlborough/solsbury.

Yeah I'll get in touch with them tomorrow, cheers!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Robynb_97

I haven't, and I'm an international student so it's twice as worrying :s
Is there point getting bands for the unofficial fresher events? That is not run by the Uni
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest