The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Betelgeuse-
So you want little pockets of Pakistan, as long as its not your area that becomes little Pakistan?

If you want 95% Muslim ghetto's then this seems a great idea because you can bank on working people and non muslims wanting to move away as fast as possible. House prices and business will drop

I'm just saying that places which have a majority Muslim population should have the right to broadcast the adhan.
Original post by Trapz99
I'm just saying that places which have a majority Muslim population should have the right to broadcast the adhan.

No they shouldnt /
Original post by Betelgeuse-
No they shouldnt /

Well we clearly disagree. That was just my opinion. Have a nice day :smile:
"That grass is purple"

"No its not here's why"

"Bleh oh well we disagree, have a lovely day sir"

lol
Original post by inhuman
Not really, have you been there?

Nope I really haven't.
Original post by HAnwar
That would be awesome.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why? Is it because you can't download an app or put an alarm on for when you need to pray?
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Why? Is it because you can't download an app or put an alarm on for when you need to pray?

Having it on the streets where everyone can hear it is so much better.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree - it shows we are a tolerant country which welcomes multiculturalism and promotes freedom of religion.
Original post by HAnwar

Posted from TSR Mobile

How? It would just mean a lot of angry non Muslim neighbours. And can't you put your alarm as call to prayer?
No.
Original post by Iridocyclitis
I agree - it shows we are a tolerant country which welcomes multiculturalism and promotes freedom of religion.

:smile:

How? It would just mean a lot of angry non Muslim neighbours. And can't you put your alarm as call to prayer?

What's there to be angry about?
It's much better hearing it live :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
:smile:

What's there to be angry about?
It's much better hearing it live :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What time is call to prayer? Isn't it at dawn when most people are sleeping?

If they were blasting out Beyonce or Adele then perhaps. But sadly, they're not.
Original post by NickLCFC
Please sign the petition if you agree!

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/132191

Don't mosque's already do this? I used to live in Blackburn and I'd hear the singing of Imams broadcast all over Audley at least twice a day
What time is call to prayer? Isn't it at dawn when most people are sleeping?

If they were blasting out Beyonce or Adele then perhaps. But sadly, they're not.

It's only for a couple of minutes.
You're more likely to wake up from a police siren or something.

Posted from TSR Mobile
there are apps for this, i certainly don't want to be woken up at 4am in the morning, and i also think this is very dominating
I have an idea - how about not playing the adhan for every prayer, rather just for the Jum'ah friday prayers. Only once a week during Midday, not so bad.

But personally, I am against making the adhan 5 times a day. This would only make serve against Muslim interests and only play up much more anti-Muslim sentiments amongst the wider British populace and the whole "Eurabia" crap and is not necessary. At most, a single adhan for the Jum'ah prayers could be sensible perhaps, a once per week thing in a okay timing. Just make sure the Mu'adhin has a beautiful voice so as to not disturb or bother non Muslims and soothe them to an extent.

Also, this move should be accompanied by a huge increase of Mosques engaging in a wide host of positive interactions with non-Muslim British society, and people like Anjem Choudry need to find their greatest enemies not in the English Defense League, but from the Muslim British populace, communities, Mosques, Islamic Scholars, Quranic teachers, and everyday people. The wider British Muslim community should really look up to Sikhs and even try to surpass them in doing things like fundraising for the local homeless shelter, having free kitchens for those who are in need of food, and serving as noted arbiters and peacemakers amongst different communities whether Muslim or non-Muslim. Some of this is already happening, but there is much good and positivism that can be generated from the Muslim community that can overturn alot of the anti-Muslim madness thats been pervasive in some circles. While it is certainly wrong to group Muslims as a monolith, it is necessary that striking a much better relation with the non-Muslim British public as a group will erode alot of negative stereotypes that can't seemingly go away despite what Muslims do. So even though it is unfair, it really is necessary that there is a large consensus amongst British Muslims to act as a group and not be so divided as commanded by the Prophet sw. It's a sad reality when a single Muslim can mess things up for countless others, so an image of in-group cohesiveness projected to the wider British society that works in lockstep in engaging in good relations with their non-Muslim peers and standing against the likes of Anjem is the only way things can improve in our current climate. Many will obviously continue to ignore this in favor of continued denunciation of Muslims and anti-Muslim rhetoric, but they will become a smaller minority as the wider British public takes notice and eventually come to see British Muslims in a much better light.
(edited 7 years ago)
I don't think this is a good idea. I'm Muslim myself and it's such a beautiful thing to hear the adan played out loud when in a Muslim country. However the uk is not a Muslim country. It would be selfish to have the call to prayer be forced upon other faiths esp for prayers such as fajir. If you really want to be reminded of prayer time with the adan use the Muslim pro app. When the prayer comes in it plays the Adan.
Reply 217
Original post by NickLCFC
Please sign the petition if you agree!

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/132191

NEVER!
I am tempted to start a petition to the opposite
Reply 218
I can see no reason for it at all
I see no reason not to allow the call to prayer, but what really ****ing pisses me off, is every ****ing Sunday morning being woken up by the fogies and their bell-ringing at my local CoE Church like piss off I don't wanna ****ing hear it

Latest

Trending

Trending