The Student Room Group

Loreto College Sixth form

Hey, im starting in loreto at september, i dont know what im picking yet but i just got a few questions to prepare myself for loreto

1. Is the school diverse or is it just majoirty catholic?

2. Are there any unwritten rules for the college? - i heard somewhere the cafeterias are segregated - is this true and if so can you explain more?

3. whats the "normal" thing to wear in college? - honestly i have no idea what im gonna wear-

4. is there any other information you would tell someone whos just about to start into loreto ?

thank you
Original post by Yami_Sukehiro135
Hey, im starting in loreto at september, i dont know what im picking yet but i just got a few questions to prepare myself for loreto

1. Is the school diverse or is it just majoirty catholic?

2. Are there any unwritten rules for the college? - i heard somewhere the cafeterias are segregated - is this true and if so can you explain more?

3. whats the "normal" thing to wear in college? - honestly i have no idea what im gonna wear-

4. is there any other information you would tell someone whos just about to start into loreto ?

thank you

Hi, I've just finished Y13 at Loreto!

1. the school is very diverse-I would say it's not even 50% Catholic-there's many multi-faith prayer spaces and RE lessons focus on many faiths, so it definitely didn't feel like a Catholic majority. There is prayers in assembly and stuff like that but of course nothing is forced on you
2. the cafeterias are split-one for Year 12 and one for Year 13-the Year 12 one is massive and the better one in my opinion (I think this is something they brought in during Covid and then kept, so it might have been segregated like you mentioned before this)
It can get really busy in the evenings, in terms of getting out of college, so it might not always be possible to get the first bus/train
3. the fashion is honestly so diverse-everyone is sort of focused on themselves if that makes sense, so no one really pays attention to what you're wearing. although there has been someone dressed in a T-Rex costume multiple times :smile:
literally I just wore jeans and a jumper most of the time
4. It's not really specific to Loreto, but make good use of your free periods in Year 12-there's loads of study centres & the library
also if you are planning to take the 86 bus, it gets really busy-not much you can do about that but just so you're aware

I hope some of this helps, and please feel free to ask any more questions!
also I know you said you haven't decided, but have you got any idea of what subjects you might do? like more sciencey or humanities
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by average_human
Hi, I've just finished Y13 at Loreto!

1. the school is very diverse-I would say it's not even 50% Catholic-there's many multi-faith prayer spaces and RE lessons focus on many faiths, so it definitely didn't feel like a Catholic majority. There is prayers in assembly and stuff like that but of course nothing is forced on you
2. the cafeterias are split-one for Year 12 and one for Year 13-the Year 12 one is massive and the better one in my opinion (I think this is something they brought in during Covid and then kept, so it might have been segregated like you mentioned before this)
It can get really busy in the evenings, in terms of getting out of college, so it might not always be possible to get the first bus/train
3. the fashion is honestly so diverse-everyone is sort of focused on themselves if that makes sense, so no one really pays attention to what you're wearing. although there has been someone dressed in a T-Rex costume multiple times :smile:
literally I just wore jeans and a jumper most of the time
4. It's not really specific to Loreto, but make good use of your free periods in Year 12-there's loads of study centres & the library
also if you are planning to take the 86 bus, it gets really busy-not much you can do about that but just so you're aware

I hope some of this helps, and please feel free to ask any more questions!
also I know you said you haven't decided, but have you got any idea of what subjects you might do? like more sciencey or humanities

1. thats good to hear, cant wait to meet lots of new people!
2. that makes a lot of sense, im pretty shy so knowing that everyone wont be in one place is soothing. also do you think the cafeteria prices are worth it?
3. Jeans and jumper is my go to for any social event, i guess ill take them with me through my loreto journey!
4. i live in north mcr, i have to take a bus to picaddily then the 85/86 bus to loreto. I guess i should wait for the second bus that comes, because i hate loud journeys
Also my anxious self is creeping in on me , when do we get our timetables after enrollment? im totally scared bc i dont wanna be in a mess on the 1st day- :frown:

And for what im choosing, im probably gona pick maths, german and either psychology or history since i think i did well on them in my gcses. i want to become a detective when im older and a levels dont matter for them so yeah.

thanks for all the tips btw i hope you get the grades you deserve, and had a fun 2 years in loreto :smile:
1. thats good to hear, cant wait to meet lots of new people!
2. that makes a lot of sense, im pretty shy so knowing that everyone wont be in one place is soothing. also do you think the cafeteria prices are worth it?
3. Jeans and jumper is my go to for any social event, i guess ill take them with me through my loreto journey!
4. i live in north mcr, i have to take a bus to picaddily then the 85/86 bus to loreto. I guess i should wait for the second bus that comes, because i hate loud journeys
Also my anxious self is creeping in on me , when do we get our timetables after enrollment? im totally scared bc i dont wanna be in a mess on the 1st day- :frown:

And for what im choosing, im probably gona pick maths, german and either psychology or history since i think i did well on them in my gcses. i want to become a detective when im older and a levels dont matter for them so yeah.

thanks for all the tips btw i hope you get the grades you deserve, and had a fun 2 years in loreto :smile:

omg our subjects might be similar! I did History, French and German :smile: so feel free to ask anything about those specific subjects!
I'm pretty sure you get your timetables on your first day-all I did on the 1st day was form time, and then lessons started the day after that, so there's time to find out where all your classes will be!
I think the cafeteria is fairly priced-of the top of my head, pizza chips & a drink is less than £3
omg our subjects might be similar! I did History, French and German :smile: so feel free to ask anything about those specific subjects!
I'm pretty sure you get your timetables on your first day-all I did on the 1st day was form time, and then lessons started the day after that, so there's time to find out where all your classes will be!
I think the cafeteria is fairly priced-of the top of my head, pizza chips & a drink is less than £3

Woww you must have worked hard since you do 2 langages, i hope your proud of yourself haha. Im curious, what are you gonna be doing now that you've finished a level with those 3 subjects?
And thats such a relieff , if they forced me to go to lesson on the get go that would be terrifying! Thanks again c:
Woww you must have worked hard since you do 2 langages, i hope your proud of yourself haha. Im curious, what are you gonna be doing now that you've finished a level with those 3 subjects?
And thats such a relieff , if they forced me to go to lesson on the get go that would be terrifying! Thanks again c:

hahaha It wasn't too bad because a lot of the content was repeated
I'm hoping to do French and History at uni in September, fingers crossed - no clue career-wise though

honestly though, the college is really easy to navigate so you should find your lessons no problem
and the german teacher is lovely, I hope if you end up doing it, you enjoy it :smile:
Reply 6
hahaha It wasn't too bad because a lot of the content was repeated
I'm hoping to do French and History at uni in September, fingers crossed - no clue career-wise though

honestly though, the college is really easy to navigate so you should find your lessons no problem
and the german teacher is lovely, I hope iou end up doing it, you enjoy it :smile:

At lunch time are we allowed to go to the sports hall and.play football

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending