The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Insurance accommodation choice?

Hi, I'm coming to study engineering at loughborough this year but got in on an insurance offer. So I'm not guaranteed accommodation and I understand that I can only set a preference.

For someone who wants self catered and en suite who is studying engineering what choices would you recommend?

(If I have the option) would selecting the quiet option decrease or increase my chances of getting my choices?

En suite is more important than catered if there has to be a compromise. And cost isn't an issue.

Thanks.
(edited 7 years ago)
Loool same position as you but different course. Loughborough accomodation confuses me with the 39 and 41 week stuff and then theres the deluxe and 4ft beds and too much is going on lmao.

William Morris i believe is the party accommodation but I'd rather not want. I just want a social house but i guess this depends on people but want to be able to do work too. Im not sure about distances either gah, i need help lol.
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
ef
Original post by Michaelj99
Loool same position as you but different course. Loughborough accomodation confuses me with the 39 and 41 week stuff and then theres the deluxe and 4ft beds and too much is going on lmao.

William Morris i believe is the party accommodation but I'd rather not want. I just want a social house but i guess this depends on people but want to be able to do work too. Im not sure about distances either gah, i need help lol.

Original post by Barney6262
Hi, I'm coming to study engineering at loughborough this year but got in on an insurance offer. So I'm not guaranteed accommodation and I understand that I can only set a preference.

For someone who wants self catered and en suite who is studying engineering what choices would you recommend?

(If I have the option) would selecting the quiet option decrease or increase my chances of getting my choices?

En suite is more important than catered if there has to be a compromise. And cost isn't an issue.

Thanks.

Hi both

Great news on the offers :biggrin: we look forward to welcoming you in September!

Distance-wise, everywhere on campus is within walking distance from our halls of residence and there is also a free shuttle bus that runs through campus every few minutes. Loughborough town centre is easily reachable on foot, too.

We try to get a good mix in all of our halls - gender, course, year - as this all adds to the student experience, so no hall is particularly more or less sociable than any other. All of our Halls of residence have a strong character and fantastic community spirit, making them all great places to live and meet new people.

The likelihood of getting your preferred choices depends on availability. It's worth keeping in mind though that self-catered en-suite rooms are limited in number and do tend to be an initial preference for lots of people, so I wouldn't rule out considering alternatives. Catered accommodation in particular can be an incredibly social experience - take a look at our 'why go catered' video to hear from some of our current students in catered accommodation. It might give you some food for thought :smile:

You can find more info on quiet rooms here.

Hope this helps :biggrin: any more questions just shout.

Amy
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending