The Student Room Group

Anyone done Business Studies @ AS Level? HELP!

So i got my AS results last week and got ACC, so i'm moving onto A2 with those 3 however i enrolled today to do an AS only in Business Studies just to get extra UCAS points - my UNI will only accept 20 AS UCAS Points towards an offer so i'm literally aiming for an E.

I was wondering if anyone has ever had any experience with business studies? What's it like? Is the maths hard/content difficult? I literally have no idea what it's about which is kind of exciting since there's no pressure to get a high grade!
Reply 1
I did AS Business studies with AQA and got 78/80 and 111/120. It's easy, just be sure to prepare for it and make sure you know how to write an essay properly.

From what I remember there isn't any maths content until A2.
Reply 2
Absolutely awful. I dropped it after 5 months. Best decision I've made. If you want something challenging and rewarding for the time you put in then psss on it.
Reply 3
Original post by 0range
I did AS Business studies with AQA and got 78/80 and 111/120. It's easy, just be sure to prepare for it and make sure you know how to write an essay properly.

From what I remember there isn't any maths content until A2.

What was the content?
Reply 4
Original post by zayn008
Absolutely awful. I dropped it after 5 months. Best decision I've made. If you want something challenging and rewarding for the time you put in then psss on it.

As i said i literally need an E so i'm not really revising for it just going to the lessons!
Reply 5
People say business is such an easy subject but it really isn't, it is a hard and demanding a level and with a whole year of revision i managed to get an A in my AS, after getting a U in unit 1 and 100% A in unit 2.

A please be aware that academically it is the most boring a level out there, but it is easy to get an E. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Rigby16
As i said i literally need an E so i'm not really revising for it just going to the lessons!

If you can add up basic numbers and do stuff like percentages and know a little about Business you don't even need to attend lessons lol
Reply 7
Original post by Rigby16
What was the content?

Dunno, can't remember, did it like 5 years ago?

Original post by Rigby16

Did the opposite, didn't go to any of the lessons and just revised for it the weekend beforehand.
Reply 8
Original post by 0range
Dunno, can't remember, did it like 5 years ago?

Did the opposite, didn't go to any of the lessons and just revised for it the weekend beforehand.

Well i have asked to do it so it'd be abit of a slap in the face to ask to do it then not turn up to lessons! Possibly towards my A2 exams i wouldn't go.
I did edxecel business As level and what i can say is there is a small amount of maths in it, simple questions like changing equations and exploiting data. As far as content wise, it is quite good. I would recommend that you revise a lot for it as there is a lot of essay questions (Highest ive done is a 20 mark question).
Original post by BR1999

A please be aware that academically it is the most boring a level out there, but it is easy to get an E. :smile:

I've seen a few people bashing business for being boring - personally, it was my favourite subject. It depends if you're business minded/currently enjoy reading the business section in the news.
Reply 11
Original post by Dreammachine1997
I've seen a few people bashing business for being boring - personally, it was my favourite subject. It depends if you're business minded/currently enjoy reading the business section in the news.

I'm business minded just the content in edexcel board is really dry. I really enjoyed the application side of unit 2 😊

Quick Reply

Latest