The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

University of Bristol OFFER HOLDERS 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hansktla
Accepted for neuroscience! :smile: Anyone else doing it?

I am! 😃 Well done, you excited?
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Accepted for BA history!
Original post by calooee
I am! 😃 Well done, you excited?

Thats awesome! im so excited, are you?
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
Yes. Hello. :smile:

sweet, you excited or?
sweet, you excited or?

Suffering from imposter syndrome; more apprehensive than excited.
It's all actually starting to sink in, now that we're getting emails with course details, first week timetable etc.
Anyway, I'll be the guy in his 30s looking like he's made a huge mistake; keep an eye out! :lol:
Anyone in Waverley house? I am a little dissapointed :frown:
Original post by studdybuddy101

Am I right to assume it wasn't your first choice? If so what were the order of your choices, if I may ask?

Hey man, I'm in Waverley house (it was my second choice). Are you (or anyone else) buying a freshers week wristband?
Original post by Wardog1234
Hey man, I'm in Waverley house (it was my second choice). Are you (or anyone else) buying a freshers week wristband?

I'm now copy and pasting this for my own sanity. :P Having already been through freshers my advice is:

1. Wait until you arrive at Bristol

2. Look at what everyone else is doing

3. (a) Buy a Union wristband if everyone else has one, or

3. (b) Buy individual entry to the events everyone else is doing

4. End up at an event that your flatmates are at; neither having wasted money on an unused ticket nor gone to a club alone.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
Suffering from imposter syndrome; more apprehensive than excited.
It's all actually starting to sink in, now that we're getting emails with course details, first week timetable etc.
Anyway, I'll be the guy in his 30s looking like he's made a huge mistake; keep an eye out! :lol:

aahhh mate itll be great. any idea what you chose for options or?
Reply 170

ahh dude same here! it was my third choice and all i wanted was an en suite :frown: kinda anxious to see what its like :/
Reply 171
Original post by Wunderbarr
Am I right to assume it wasn't your first choice? If so what were the order of your choices, if I may ask?

hey dude sorry to scrape in but waverley was my third choice and i had orchard heights and unite as my first and second - what did your choices look like??
Reply 172
Original post by Random_PC_Errors
I'm now copy and pasting this for my own sanity. :P Having already been through freshers my advice is:

1. Wait until you arrive at Bristol

2. Look at what everyone else is doing

3. (a) Buy a Union wristband if everyone else has one, or

3. (b) Buy individual entry to the events everyone else is doing

4. End up at an event that your flatmates are at; neither having wasted money on an unused ticket nor gone to a club alone.

oh so would you genuinely suggest not buying a wristband? will they not sell out?
Original post by em.may
oh so would you genuinely suggest not buying a wristband? will they not sell out?

No it's just a marketing trick to get you to buy them.
aahhh mate itll be great. any idea what you chose for options or?

Pharmacology
Biochemistry
Anatomy
Psychology

If I don't get either of the first two, it'll change the direction of my course considerably. No pressure, or anything!
What about you?
Yay, finally had my place confirmed :smile: Now need to wait until the 5th for an accommodation offer...

How soon after did everyone get welcome packs/emails about the course etc?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by stratagems
Yay, finally had my place confirmed :smile: Now need to wait until the 5th for an accommodation offer...

How soon after did everyone get welcome packs/emails about the course etc?

For the welcome pack it came in the post about 4 or 5 days after results.
Original post by Wunderbarr

Yup, I had Manor house, Universty Hall and then any self catered. All the cheaper one but still social
Original post by em.may
ahh dude same here! it was my third choice and all i wanted was an en suite :frown: kinda anxious to see what its like :/

I suppose we can all bond over our disappointment when we get there lol
Yup, I had Manor house, Universty Hall and then any self catered. All the cheaper one but still social

Ahh my condolences.

Waverley was my third choice. It does look rather "student-modern" inside and I think it's in quite a good location.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending