The Student Room Group

School bag for uni

What do you think is a good bag for uni, some links please.
Not too sure about a generic bag that ppl have,

Any ideas?
Any comfy that will fit a laptop in will do the job :smile:
Are you looking for a backpack or one that you put over your shoulder?
I'm starting to regret going overboard and buying an expensive gaming laptop for uni. I'm too scared to put it in a laptop bag and carry it around now.
Original post by lucabrasi98
I'm starting to regret going overboard and buying an expensive gaming laptop for uni. I'm too scared to put it in a laptop bag and carry it around now.

I feel you there, my gaming laptop is so heavy! But it's the price you pay for good quality
Goo old fashioned backpack does the trick :yep:
Original post by mollyadtr
is a laptop vital for uni? like when youre in lectures do they have plugs to be able to charge your laptops with or cant you do that

It isn't vital, but it is pretty damn useful.
I don't think there are any power sockets where you can charge your laptop during the lectures, but most of the new laptops seem to have 9+ hours of battery life anyway, so it shouldn't be a problem.
Reply 7
is a laptop vital for uni? like when youre in lectures do they have plugs to be able to charge your laptops with or cant you do that

They have plugs on every seat for us - but it will always depend on how old the lecture building is.
(edited 7 years ago)

It very rare to see people with laptops in lectures, unless you study informatics.
Reply 9

Guess it depends on your course. During my degree (English) and PGCE there was only one or two people who took laptops in but quite a few brought in tablets. People would mostly use pen and paper for notes instead. There were plugs but not many.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by langlitz
It very rare to see people with laptops in lectures, unless you study informatics.

There's loads of people with laptops in my lectures - medicine :smile:
Reply 11

Guess it depends on your course. During my degree and PGCE there was only one or two people who took laptops in but quite a few brought in tablets. People would mostly use pen and paper for notes instead. There were plugs but not many.
Original post by supernerdural
I feel you there, my gaming laptop is so heavy! But it's the price you pay for good quality

I'll probably get it insured if I'm actually going to be taking it around. But as it stands I wouldn't even take mine to lectures. Itd stand out too much and I want to avoid drawing attention to myself
A backpack which is big enough to fit a laptop!
A backpack is pretty much essential for me, I have slightly injured my back and it's the easiest and least painful way to carry all your stuff! I didn't need a laptop everyday but some days we would have group projects that needed to be done on computers and it was easier if we all had our laptops, you may need it so get a back that can carry it!
Original post by BIGJohnson777
It isn't vital, but it is pretty damn useful.
I don't think there are any power sockets where you can charge your laptop during the lectures, but most of the new laptops seem to have 9+ hours of battery life anyway, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Ah okay thanks for your help :smile: gotta look for a laptop with a long battery life then

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lkathryn08
A backpack which is big enough to fit a laptop!
A backpack is pretty much essential for me, I have slightly injured my back and it's the easiest and least painful way to carry all your stuff! I didn't need a laptop everyday but some days we would have group projects that needed to be done on computers and it was easier if we all had our laptops, you may need it so get a back that can carry it!

Don't you get a bit worried if you carry a bottle of liquid in there with it that it will come undone? Or do you have different compartments

Posted from TSR Mobile
the kind of bag you had for college will be fine for lined paper/folders stationery, water bottle etc. If you want to take your laptop to uni then get a laptop carrier too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ezme39
There's loads of people with laptops in my lectures - medicine :smile:

What for? Checking Facebook?
Reply 18

Some of them probably :P but nah, they annotate the lecture slides- to save printing them. Too much content to write from scratch

No for playing Quake ofc.

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest