The Student Room Group

tote bag or backpack for uni?

im going to study lit so it's likely that I'll be carry books, laptop, maybe a few notebooks, pencil case etc

im leaning towards a backpack rn but would love some opinions :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
im going to study lit so it's likely that I'll be carry books, laptop, maybe a few notebooks, pencil case etc

Hi!

I would say there is a pretty even split of people using both so either way you won't be the odd one out! Personally, I prefer using a backpack for uni as my laptop is pretty heavy and find it easier to carry it in a backpack so this may also work for you with lots of books. :smile:

Hope this helps!
Florence (Lancaster University student ambassador)
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 2
A tote bag is more stylish (depending) but a backpack will save your back. Tote bag isn't good for carrying heavy things.

Investing in a backpack that you like (sporty or leather vintage) is SO worth it.
Reply 3
I've used both. Not for uni since I haven't started uni yet but for college. I've also used a laptop bag. If I'm carrying a lot, I prefer the backpack. It was easier to move around with it and I could carry a lot more stuff without my shoulders aching. The tote bag and laptop bag always made my shoulder feel terrible by the end of the day.

For days when I have less to carry, I prefer the tote bag or laptop bag. They don't take up as much space and they're so convenient to take around.
Original post by Anonymous

Hi,

I think a backpack would be best due to what you are wishing to carry and should also protect your stuff if it rains as most the time with tote bags they don't come with zippers. I use a backpack for lectures and if I'm just popping to the library with a few things then I take my tote bag.

Hope that helps :smile:

Rebecca
2nd Year Geoenvironmental Hazards Student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending