The Student Room Group

what happens if you sprain your ankle

okay, basically, i'm writing a novel, and i need to know a few things about sprained ankles in the uk
if you have sprained an ankle before at school:
- did you get sent home from school
- did you have to see a doctor, go to hospital etc.
- ^if so how many times
- how long did it take to recover
- did you take days off school
- ^if so, how many, and what was it like

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP (:
Reply 1
Original post by maryamaishah
okay, basically, i'm writing a novel, and i need to know a few things about sprained ankles in the uk
- ^if so how many times

It depends on the extent of the sprain I guess

1 of my friends sprained his ankle at school and he limped for about 3 days and was fine

Another of my friends got a bit too competitive in pe and badly fell and sprained their ankle. She got an ice pack from reception and didn't get sent home but she went to A&E (accident and emergency) and got an xray 1 or 2 days after but since it was just a sprain she got sent home with a boot thing which she wore for like 3 weeks

Hopefully this helps?
Original post by maryamaishah
- ^if so how many times

Heyy! I sprained my ankle twice in school so I might be of some help!
I got sent home after everyone crowding round me after I fell down the stairs to see what was happening and was in a doctors waiting room for a few hours before the doctor checked my ankle by pressing it (which hurt a lot) then said it was sprained. they gave me crutches and I had to put it up on a pillow when at home with an icepack. It took about a month to get off my crutches but I had a weird limp for a good few months after that. First I thought crutches would be fun, but it got boring really quickly.
When I was at school I had a massive bag with a LOT of stationary so I couldn't carry it, so I would have a friend carry my bag for me and leave about 5 minutes early from all my lessons so I wouldn't be crushed. it was really embarrassing and I was already shy so it made me really self conscious. It didnt help that my foot was really swollen for the first few days so I had to wear really fluffy green crocs. (side note- using crutches for a month made my arms really buff)
Anyway I hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending