The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

University of Warwick Freshers Megathread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 420Ghost96
Role playing soc , colour me intrigued. Probably thinking of joining Game of Thrones soc (love the series) , comic book soc (im a huhe CB nerd) biosoc (revision) . And for sports probably gonna at least try out canoeing , rowing and archery. Im really a sporty person either buy uni's the place to try out new things so why not. You arriving on the 1st or 2nd?

I think the first, but I'm not sure. I heard it's split by Surname, so with mine beginning with M it could really be either or. I'm hoping the welcome pack will tell me either way, but the confirmation letter on UCAS seems to suggest the 1st. You?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Biochemist here, theres a Facebook group chat for Life science students.

Hi
Can u please link me this Facebook chat
Original post by The_Marve11
I think the first, but I'm not sure. I heard it's split by Surname, so with mine beginning with M it could really be either or. I'm hoping the welcome pack will tell me either way, but the confirmation letter on UCAS seems to suggest the 1st. You?

Going on 1st regardless, its only advisory and I need to claim that precious fridge space!
Original post by Optimistsan98
Hi
Can u please link me this Facebook chat

Pm me your fb
Original post by Gman786
Warwick sucks ..do a gap year and apply to UCL guys.

Why does it suck?
Original post by Socychoictraphy
Why does it suck?

Its only good at maths, has no international rep. My friend did engineerng there and is still unemployed.
Anyone studying History of Art?

Posted from TSR Mobile
***FRESHERS INFO***

First of all an absolute congratulations for getting into Warwick. We can assure you it's a fantastic university with amazing courses and while we can't guarantee the best three years of your life we can improve those chances if you join Warwick Tennis.

Warwick Tennis is one of the most active and inclusive clubs on campus. Whether you've never picked up a racket or are an alumni of Wimbledon we're sure you'll fit right in.

We're one of the most tight knit clubs on campus thanks to our varied social calendar (attached) and many opportunities to play and practice the sport at all levels. You'll make the best friends here you'll make all year.

We really hope all of you reading this come along to our freshers events in the first two weeks (more info on its way soon probably on the facebook page rather than here!!) If you have any queries don't think twice about messaging our facebook page 'University of Warwick Tennis Club.' And if you want to ask us in person (or just want to find out some more) make sure you come to the Sports Fair in the building where the gym is on Tuesday October 4th!! (or just reply here or pm someone'll probably respond)

Cheers,The Exec xoxo

ps: like the facebook page please it helps you get actual info

palewaVE.png
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Gman786
Its only good at maths, has no international rep. My friend did engineerng there and is still unemployed.

In other words, someone who has no knowledge about the subject at hand is extrapolating based on no information.
Reply 169
hi :smile: Is there some freshers facebook group which I should be a part of atm?
Original post by leaf3
hi :smile: Is there some freshers facebook group which I should be a part of atm?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/warwickfreshers2016/ :smile:
Original post by BlueSam3
In other words, someone who has no knowledge about the subject at hand is extrapolating based on no information.

Whilst what he said is clearly massive exaggerated (that 'Warwick sucks'), there is some truth in that it is very good for maths but not so prestigious for many other subjects.
Reply 172
What accomodation is closest to the central campus area where the Big screen is?

And which are the good ones that are closest to that area?
Original post by Rkai01
What accomodation is closest to the central campus area where the Big screen is?

And which are the good ones that are closest to that area?

Technically Whitefields / Rootes, but Bluebell is about 30 seconds further. There's not much in it.
Reply 174
There gonna be any shottas about?

If you don't wanna say on here than just pm
Reply 175
Those were my top two choices too!
Reply 176
Original post by yungggnike
nott yet at warwick but i got ABB for AS results day and i would love to attend warwick in 2017, did any of you get similar results to mine at as ????

Yup! I got ABB (got AABB last year though :/) and got in to do psychology even though my offer was higher, they accepted me anyway. I didn't have to call them up or anything
Reply 177
Anyone applying to sherbourne or JM

Yeah Sherborne is my 1st choice
Reply 178
Original post by Gman786
Warwick sucks ..do a gap year and apply to UCL guys.

Urrrrr how about no?
Original post by Cg6114
Yeah Sherborne is my 1st choice

Ah same here man what course you doing?

Quick Reply

Latest