The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

anyone else get a call re centerview today, how did yours go?
Original post by sky-blue

are they open for the summer internship? they supposedly have a networking event on the 29th :s-smilie:
Original post by Broocklyn
What are the best summer internship alternatives to BBs and Boutiques?

MM/other banks, big4, finance internships at a BigCo...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheParham
They do a quick screening for a day or so

What does the initial screening compromise of? Does it just look over A level grades and stuff
Thanks a lot guys. Better to work out a plan B, C, and even D ahah
has anyone her NOT submitted a cover letter for lazard, cant be fooked
Thanks a lot guys. Better to work out a plan B, C, and even D ahah

this ^^
What do you guys think of the competitiveness for grad roles in risk or ops for BB/MM? Is it like for FO where its practically impossible to get a grad position as they've hired most people already from summers or do you have a chance if you have a decent uni and work experience?
Original post by Commercial Paper
By the way, I had completely forgot about this until now but you can get a 15% discount on the psychometric test packages by using the discount code at www.canarywharfian.co.uk/psychometric-tests

Job Test Prep - use CanaryWharfian
Graduate Monkey - use canarywharfianmonkeypack2016
Assessment Day - use canarywharfian

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you know which one is the best to buy/most realistic compared to the actual tests?

Thanks
Original post by TheParham
this ^^

Just failed Lazard numericals... I think I'll need em for real
Original post by polecon
Do you know which one is the best to buy/most realistic compared to the actual tests?

Thanks

I have had both Assessment Day and grad Monkey and based on my personal opinion Grad Monkey is much closer to the real test but Assessment day you get a lot more out of it .. it has more tests, more questions and a wider category! Hope that helps
Original post by polecon

Thanks

I would recommend gradmonkey, its a lot better then assessment day and the shl maths helps a lot. Haven't heard of job test prep tho.
Original post by polecon

Thanks

I prefer Graduate Monkey personally. The eBook is particularly useful as well as the practice tests. Get the All-In-One Bundle.

Posted from TSR Mobile
is MS rejection straight after numerical test?
What are the best summer internship alternatives to BBs and Boutiques?

Insurance/reinsurance. Get to work in the City, careers pay really well. I'm currently summer interning in reinsurance and its really interesting. Unfortunately interns don't get paid much in (re)insurance though, I'm at one of the biggest in the World and IB pay almost 3 times as much to interns.
In terms of difficulty of tests.Hardest - Jobtestprep, Easiest: GraduateMonkey. I just purchased a graduatemonkey account using the discount code (Cheers Commercial Paper btw)... Did the first paper, are they taking the piss? These are pre-school aimed.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by alexjones1994
In terms of difficulty of tests.Hardest - Jobtestprep, Easiest: GraduateMonkey. I just purchased a graduatemonkey account using the discount code (Cheers Commercial Paper btw)... Did the first paper, are they taking the piss? These are pre-school aimed.

Probs get harder. AssessmentDay is like that - 90th percentile on first test is 100% haha.
Original post by sky-blue

I applied but didn't get a call. What kind of questions did they ask you?
does anyone know how to solve this question from SHL?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2975197
Original post by torres657
does anyone know how to solve this question from SHL?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2975197

3 to 1 surely?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending