The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Official imperial college london 2017 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by OGFakiie
Dam your grades are amazing! How were you able to do 14GCSEs and 5AS levels though? :biggrin:

Haha thanks, I wouldn't exactly say General Studies or EPQ are "proper" AS Levels tho. They are kinda just there haha. I dunno about GCSE's tbh, I was just clueless about everything back then. I just did everything that people told me to do hahaha.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by TheRandomGenius
Yep, you?

Yes, same here! I took 5As levels, dropping down to 4.
Original post by NeverLucky
Haha thanks, I wouldn't exactly say General Studies or EPQ are "proper" AS Levels tho. They are kinda just there haha. I dunno about GCSE's tbh, I was just clueless about everything back then. I just did everything that people told me to do hahaha.

How do you still get all A*/As what's the secret
Original post by OGFakiie
How do you still get all A*/As what's the secret

Honestly, I'm not the best person to talk hahaha. I ****ed about for most of the year and I only started doing doing past papers like 2 weeks before my first exams. I was actually at a party the night before 2 of my FM modules and so I sat FP3 and S2 quite badly hungover 😂😂
Original post by Glavien
I thought I would've enjoyed it but it was boring so I dropped it. How we're your AS results?

Posted from TSR Mobile

AAAA in Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
Reply 65
Intended subject: Physics

GCSE(WJEC): 8A* 4A

Year12:
AS-level(WJEC): AAA - Maths 100%, Physics 94%, Chemistry 81%
A level(WJEC): A* Maths 97%

Year13:
A-level(predicted): Further Maths, Physics, Welsh Bacc
not been predicted yet - hoping for A*AA respectively.

Extracurriculars:
Competed in group engineering competition to design a system that used rainwater to generate electricity. Completing an individual investigation (similar to England's EPQ) into the effect time dilation has on future space travel

Posted from TSR Mobile
Intended subject: Mechanical Engineering

GCSE: 4A* 6A 1B

AS levels: Maths - A (Predicted - A)
Further Maths - A (Predicted - A)
Physics - A (Predicted - B)
Chemistry - A (Predicted - A)
Chinese - A

Also took C3 maths - got 100UMS

A Level predictions: Don't know yet, hopefully at least 2 A*s

Extra-curricular: Took part in F1 in schools in 2015, doing it again this year
1 week work experience at Airbus in 2015
Volunteering at at charity shop
Piano - doing grade 5
Taking an online computer programming course

Really hope my GCSE grades are sufficient - I have heard people with 10 A*s that have not got an offer from Imperial...
Original post by ChineseGuy829

Chinese - A

Piano - doing grade 5

Really hope my GCSE grades are sufficient - I have heard people with 10 A*s that have not got an offer from Imperial...

They got rejected likely due to a weakness in another part of their application - Imperial have little regard for GCSEs.
Original post by ChineseGuy829

Chinese - A

Piano - doing grade 5

Don't worry about your GCSEs, they're great and Imperial only want you to have a B in maths and English language anyway. I'm starting chemistry at Imperial in October and I got 4A*s, 7As, 2Bs - so very similar to yours. Offers are based on your predicted grades, and with your AS results you should be more than fine! Good luck with your application :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by victoria98
Don't worry about your GCSEs, they're great and Imperial only want you to have a B in maths and English language anyway. I'm starting chemistry at Imperial in October and I got 4A*s, 7As, 2Bs - so very similar to yours. Offers are based on your predicted grades, and with your AS results you should be more than fine! Good luck with your application :smile:

All you people worrying about having 4A*s, and I'm here like... I have 1A*, 8As and B. LOL.

I emailed an admissions tutor about Computing entry and he said he thinks my GCSEs should be enough to get me considered, unless my B was in Maths (which its not phew). So you people with 4A*s, need to chill out. Haha. :tongue:
Reply 70
-intended subject: Chemistry
-GCSE/IGCSE grades: 9A*s 2As
-AS-level(predicted/actual): AAAA (chem/bio/maths/physics)
-A-level(predicted/actual): None yet
-Extracurriculars: 3 months charity shop, frequent visits to nursing home, Chemistry summer school, 2 weeks at a pharmacy, piano

Can someone tell me why the student satisfaction is so low (for UCL & KCL too, is it maybe a london thing?). I'd like to have a happy four years so i'm not entirely sure I want to apply

do they look at UMS? I've got pretty horrible UMS overall
Original post by KingYusHalo
do they look at UMS? I've got pretty horrible UMS overall

No
Medical Bioscience with Management

GCSE: 7A*, 2A, C in PE LOL

AS Level: Maths- A(91UMS), Chemistry- A(86UMS), Bio- A(87UMS), Economics- A(93UMS)

A-Level Predicted: A*A*A*A*

Dunno if the course is right, as I want to continue with pharmacology professionally, so if anyone has any information about what graduates do please tell me :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 74
Intended Subject: Computer Science

GCSE: 10A* 3A

AS Level: Maths - A, Further Maths - A, Chemistry - A, Physics - A, DT - B (thankfully im dropping it)

A-Level Predicted: Don't know yet, probably A*A*AA or hopefully A*A*A*A

Hopefully those grades are good enough, I've heard of people getting rejected who had 4A* predictions :0
Course: Medicine
GCSE: 10A* 3A's (A's in Photography, French and English Language)
AS levels: AAAAA (bio, chemistry and psychology no UMS, Maths (90) who knows about general studies)
Predictions: Have not been told yet but no less than A*A*A*A HOPEFULLY
Reply 76
I have absolutely no idea what course I want to apply for. Was set of applying for Medicine for so long but I doubt that choice so much I think I should choose something else and I can't figure out what that should be!

I'm quite confused that does imperial only look at your predicted grades? Or they also look at your actual AS grades? Which one is the most important ones?
I just received my AS results in mid August.
I've heard that some of the schools didn't do the as exams in this June due to the A level reform.
But do those who didn't do the as just use their predicted grades to apply for uni?
Also, does imperial look more about your predicted grades or actual AS grades?
Because I didn't do well on AS
For real AS I got:
Maths A
Chemistry A
Biology B
Physics (still in the process of remark)
And I'm hoping for the predicted grades will be A*AA
Do any of you think there's a chance for me to get the offer from imperial?
Btw the requirement for biochemistry on he website shows AAA.
Can any 2015/2016 applicants who got the offer for biochemistry tell me their requirement for A level from the past?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Doris Tai
I'm quite confused that does imperial only look at your predicted grades? Or they also look at your actual AS grades? Which one is the most important ones?

I'm pretty sure you still have to put your grades on UCAS even if they don't count to your overall grade (if they've been reformed). And they look at both - they have to verify that your predicted grades are reasonable. You can't realistically be predicted higher than one grade up unless it's something like maths (or some other subject that hasn't been reformed) and you're retaking + it's justified by a teacher. With AAB you could get an A*A*A prediction. I was predicted A*A*AA and got an A*A*A offer but it was for chemistry not biochem. From what I've seen many people got A*AA offers for biochem and a few got AAA offers this year. It does seem that many people got in with a missed offer this year though (I missed mine by a grade). Give it a shot! You've got 5 choices, you won't be 'wasting' one by applying to Imperial. I'm not sure if they interview for biochemistry - that'll be on their website somewhere.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending